Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New spendy transaxle
Fred W B

posted on 9/2/07 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
New spendy transaxle

new transaxle

quote:

The choice of which final drive and gear set is still up for discussion and I welcome further comments on this as we need to come to a decision in the next seven days on this for the first 25 transaxles to be manufactured.

quote:

the cost could possibly be in the $2500-3500 range

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 9/2/07 by Fred W B]

RazMan

posted on 9/2/07 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like a nice bit of kit if it gets finished. Bound to be rather pricey though, and I'm fresh out of sellable body parts

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
roshier

posted on 12/2/07 at 03:48 AM Reply With Quote
Why are people doing this with Quaife. There are three Australian manufacturers of gearboxes who are already doing the work. The Albins transaxle has had it's cwp reduced in size to suit road use in GT40's etc and is rated to 550-600 lb/ft of torque. Cost is around the $12,000AUD new, so say 4200 pounds and no doubt less for new.
Hollinger already does the gearboxes for Porsche GT3RS and RSR and has spare capacity...
Don't get me wrong, quife do fine fine work, but the ATB is not suitable for all applications.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.