Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sutton Auto Factors
bodger

posted on 27/2/07 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Sutton Auto Factors

Ordered a pair of reconditioned drive shafts from these people at the beginning of Jan. Sent my old drive shafts in as exchange.

STILL WAITING for them to arrive.

I've called them that many times SAF's number is on Friends & Family. Every time I have to recount the whole story since they seem incapable of remembering from one day to the next.
They allegedly sent out the new shafts by DHL on 16th Jan but DHL have no record of this so now they're searching their warehouse.
Since it was MY driveshafts that were reconditioned I can't just request them & my money back.
So now I'm stuck without any shafts & no way of getting my old ones back either.

I'm just wondering were I stand legally in forcing them to recompense me for my lost shafts?

ayoungman

posted on 27/2/07 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
If they've used DHL, then they should have proof of dispatch. Ask to see it. If they can't, then they're telling porkies and have lost them. Then ask for a full refund/recompense. Get trading standards in on the act. HTH

"just like that !"

owelly

posted on 27/2/07 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
These folks??
Anyone live close by to pop in and see WTFs happening?

Sutton Auto Factors
Head Office
New Cross Street
Sutton-in-Ashfield
Notts, NG17 4AA

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bodger

posted on 27/2/07 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Yes they're the ones but the mail order dept is in Long Eaton:

Long Eaton Branch
70-72 Acton Road
long Eaton, Nottingham
NG10 1FR

Anyway I'm giving them till the end of the day to come up with a solution then I'll talk to trading standards. B'stards....

jamesg20

posted on 27/2/07 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Had the serious run around from these d1cks a while back, lost parts in the post ,alledgedly with DHL. Turns out they were never sent. Got the same old stories...

Eventually lost my rag, went there (160mile trip) and got the manager to think about life without legs. Left with part.

Cut to the chase with them, they will f*ck you about.

bodger

posted on 27/2/07 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Unbelievable, seems like you got exactly the same story they gave me. Should've realised they don't have a clue about how to run a business when they didn't give me an order ref. How can you deal with a customer when you have to ask for the part no of what they ordered & then try to search for the order based on that? Bunch of w**kers.
PeterW

posted on 27/2/07 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Bodger

Ring them and tell them that you want your postage refunded and that you'll get them collected froim the Sutton Branch

I live 10 minutes away from the Sutton Branch and I'll send them on to you.

They are useless... I looked at some recon sierra calipers and they were horrendous ! There was a guy in bring back a £170 Merc caliper, and the refused him a refund until it was 'tested' by the manufacturer, even though it was pi**ing fluid from one of the piston seals just in case he'd damaged it !!

U2U me if you want me to go over

Cheers

Pete

bodger

posted on 28/2/07 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks PeterW that's very kind of you to offer. Problem is there is nothing to pick up 'cos they've lost the bloody things. They sent my original shafts off to be reconditioned & then lost them. There are no other push in shafts available at the reconditioners to send as replacements & they've got no old shafts I could have either so I'm pretty stuck unless they turn up. They're supposed to be having a hunt around all their warehouses to see if they can find them.
It's a bit worrying you saying that the work isn't up to scratch either, that's all I need!

Cheers

Jon

caber

posted on 28/2/07 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
Get stroppy demand the name of the reconditioner so you can contact them direct it all sounds like BS at the moment.

Find the price of a new set of shafts from Ford pref a written quote, post it to them recorded delivery with a letter telling them they have seven days to deliver the shafts or the sum equivalent to the quote, if they do not deliver go straight to small claims court and make a claim for the cost of replacement, cost of posting the recorded delivery letter and all the phone calls that are listed on the last three months bills. If that doesn't produce the original shafts or another set of reconditioned shafts, it will get you a judgement against them and hopefully a big cheque. If you paid by credit card you can call the card company and tell them you have been defrauded, this will get you the money you paid but not the value of the shafts.

Good luck

Caber

[Edited on 2/28/2007 by caber]

bodger

posted on 1/3/07 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, the latest is that they've managed to locate some from another reconditioner & are sending them out today. So I'll wait & see.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.