Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Finally.....And Hello
pick

posted on 17/5/07 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Finally.....And Hello

Well after alot of waiting by the phone I have sold my car so now the bec project can begin, My name is Shaw I Joined the bec owners club the other week and have been browsing the site for a while now, Two years ago I helped my grandad with his guzzi powered JZR and thats now up and running so it may have been spotted around Scarborough, Its now time to build a car for myself (se7en style) at the moment I have short listed the mk indy and aries (stm) locoblade because I think a MNR maybe slightly out of reach budget wise. Thought I best say HI before the questions begin!!!
Cheers
Shaw

twybrow

posted on 17/5/07 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Shaw. Welcome to the site and the host of information it contains. For the most part I think everyone is very friendly and accomodating so I'm sure you will find it a great resource over the next few months/years/decades?! Good luck with your build! (Oh and go for the STM - every Tom, Dick and Harry seems to have an Indy!)
ecosse

posted on 17/5/07 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pick
Two years ago I helped my grandad with his guzzi powered JZR

Is that the morgan type, 3 wheeler replica? Are they still making them?
My old man always fancied one.

Anyway, while i can't be of much help with the choice of kits (cause I'm building from scratch) welcome

Cheers

Alex

Jubal

posted on 17/5/07 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
A friend of mine recently did a pretty comprehensive like for like comparison of MNR vs. MK price wise. Spec for spec there was very little in it at all.
pick

posted on 17/5/07 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the welcome, yeah the jzr is a rep of the morgan trike heres a pic (the only one I can find at the moment)!!

ChrisGamlin

posted on 17/5/07 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
What about MAC1, people seem to rave about them although Ive not personally seen one in the flesh.

Also are MNR really that much more, even for the basic chassis?

pick

posted on 17/5/07 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't looked at the mac1's will have a look now thanks
I am only basing my pricing on the mnr from a mag report I have seen recently with the 'facelift' vortx in it, mnr are only about an hour away so its definately worth fully investigating

russbost

posted on 17/5/07 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the nuthouse - all your questions, & more will be answered!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
iank

posted on 17/5/07 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like you and your grandad made a nice job of the jzr.

Most of the 7 makers are much the same in cost by the time you've finished. Visit all the ones in sane range and see how you get on with the owners. Makes a huge difference to the overall experience. MNR are further away in style from the 'original' than the others, but that's no bad thing IMO.

Check out cct7 aka Luego now I think. He's in Hull which isn't so very far away from you.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Hellfire

posted on 17/5/07 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
You could get round to MNR, MAC#1 and MK in a day. Visit all three, be sure to have a drive or at least be taken out as a passenger, in the vehicle you're thinking of building BEC or CEC. Have a chat to some of the owners, do a bit of research and then go and source your bike engine for whichever manufacturers kit you decide.

Phil

pick

posted on 18/5/07 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for all of the advice, a friend of a friend has a (i think '06) honda 1000 rr engine kit, for £1000 I thought this sounded ok what do you guys reckon ?
ChrisGamlin

posted on 18/5/07 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Thats a bargain for a grand if its complete, ie comes with all ancilliaries such as loom, ECU, throttle bodies etc etc, Id think you'd normally pay over £1500 for a similar kit from other sources.

If you decide on that engine, speak to Andy Bates at AB Performance (01449 736633) as he's done some work on making them reliable for track work (he preps a lot of the engines in the RGB championship) and can supply a swing pickup sump which seems to sort out any surge issues.

zxrlocost

posted on 18/5/07 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
hello mate theres a part built Indy for sale on here at the moment

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

pick

posted on 18/5/07 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
cheers , I'll have a look

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.