Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wilwood powerlite calipers...
kikiturbo

posted on 1/10/07 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
wilwood powerlite calipers...

for those interested...
these are the pics of my new 4 pot wilwood powerlite calipers that just came in... they will fit under 13 inch CXR's and are very light.. 2 pounds IIRC.... I am trying to get some radical front end geometry so I will push them out as far as they will go... the discs in the picture are 258mm but I will have to turn them down a bit...

Dangle_kt

posted on 1/10/07 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
YUM!
roadrunner

posted on 1/10/07 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Are they the ones from Rally design.

Worzey

posted on 1/10/07 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
I'm going to be rude and ask how you paid for them and where did you get those?

Could do with some on my car

Caterham R400

kikiturbo

posted on 1/10/07 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
hi,

since I am not in the UK, I bought these direct in the USA.... I used Behling racing equippment, www.behlingracing.com (this is no ad, I have nothing with them.. ) as they have some great prices.. I paid only 104 US$ for each caliper (net price), I also bought the pedals (brake and clutch) master cylinders, clutch slave cylinder, brake bias remote, pads, and most expensive of all, 30 feet of aeroqiop teflon hose + various reusable hose ends and other minor hardware, no discs...

I paid aprox 1700 US$ for all, net price, including 140 US$ for shipping from the USA to Croatia, air mail priorrity... I paid about 440 euros for customs and tax and handling by local shipping agents.. I do not know what would that cost in the UK. So, all in all, stil a very very cheap and light 4 pot caliper..

The discs in the picture are Alfa Romeo Alfasud items from brembo, bough locally which will be thrown into a CNC mill and reprofiled, made a bit smaller too... as I want to push the discs and calipers as far out as possible , to get the minimal KPI on the custom uprights... discs will probablz float on the hub directly... maybe even moved 10 mm outward .. the wheels are relatively special 13 inch CXR from compomotive, model 1362 IIRC, which have the most dished out centres they make..

hobbsy

posted on 1/10/07 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Just checking out that site, if you're using Firefox it doesn't work
kikiturbo

posted on 2/10/07 at 03:45 AM Reply With Quote
there is not much on the site, the catalog is in PDF and these calipers are not in them but that doesn't matter as they will order anything from wilwood...
Worzey

posted on 2/10/07 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
Dobar Dan Kititurbo!

Do you drive you kit in Croatia? What are the police like with it?

My wife is Croatian and we visit every year and have thought about running the kit down as the roads around Lepoglava are fantastic.

Is it likely to be a problem?

[Edited on 2-10-2007 by Worzey]

Caterham R400

kikiturbo

posted on 2/10/07 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Worzey
Dobar Dan Kititurbo!

Do you drive you kit in Croatia? What are the police like with it?

My wife is Croatian and we visit every year and have thought about running the kit down as the roads around Lepoglava are fantastic.

Is it likely to be a problem?

[Edited on 2-10-2007 by Worzey]

dobar dan to you too...

I am still building it... might have problems with the first registration... as they are really annoying about self build cars... BUT, you should have no problems with the police, as long as they see you have a foreign plate and normal documents, you are OK. As long as you are not cought speeding, then the police will be more than happy to fine you..

as far as the roads go.. I suggest a visit to the gorski kotar region.. as those roads are the best.. send me a u2u when you are coming over, I will give you a list of roads to go trough..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.