Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Tyres
Anman

posted on 23/12/07 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Tyres

So, browsing the internet a bit searching for a set of tyres. I eventually ended up with Yokohama's A021R. They look very suitable for my upcoming project.
By picking the tyres i know the size so i can further detail my design. However i am having difficulty finding out in which sizes these tyres are available. Could someone help me? And maybe someone has some experience with these tyres?

thanks

jos

posted on 23/12/07 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
you can definitely get them in 185 60 13's

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

jambojeef

posted on 23/12/07 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
have camskill.co.uk got any?

Anman

posted on 23/12/07 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
I found a few sizes on the site you mentioned. Although 13" is a bit small there is one 14", 185/60/14. Would this tyre+size be a reasonable for a 600 kg, mid engined, 200 bhp car mainly used for road driving and some trackdays?
Btw, im a still loking for a little more info about this tyre. Like speed rating, load rating, etc. I cant find these tyres on the yokohama site. Also will these tyres be around for a while to come so i can easily replace them when worn...

[Edited on 23/12/07 by Anman]

higgsti

posted on 24/12/07 at 12:40 AM Reply With Quote
ive heard a rumour that yokohama are stopping these dont know how true best speaking to george poleys.another make worth considering are marangoni zeta lineas (£29 my mate got 195/55/15 for)which a lot of westfield guys use in all weathers also in sprinting with good results 14" wheels dont give you much tyre choice id go for 15" if i was you
Anman

posted on 25/12/07 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, i was looking for a more allround tire. I wont want to change tires if there is a change it might rain. So ill go for marangoni zeta lineas 195/45/R15. Does anyone have any comments about this tyre before i finalise my desicion?

Tnx

higgsti

posted on 25/12/07 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
there has been plenty of comments on wscc website people have been using these instead of the toyo tr1s which is one of the tyres the sponsors toyo are selling

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.