Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: G loads on suspension
kikiturbo

posted on 22/1/08 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Ians... with all due respect, I have to disagree with your torsional rigidity test... for two reasons..

pure chasis torsion test, with rear shock mounts and possibly rear suspension mounts being fixed points, and front shock or rocker bearing (depending on the type of suspension) being input nodes is more relevant to the chasis rigidity case, as pure chasis rigidity is an indicator, for me, to as how succesfully the chasis will transmit suspension loads to opposite wheels.

secondly, complete chasis test, as you suggest, is relevant of course, because we are also interested in how our suspension geometry will change with respect to wheel loadings, but in such a case, your testing model is not fully correct as road loads can not be applied at spindles directly, because in real life they are applied at tyre contact patch, and then you have a completely new set of forces on your spindle.. (basically you do not have a single upwards or rearward force, but a moment on a spindle so your suspension components are loaded differently...

chriscook

posted on 24/1/08 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
If you are stressing the suspension then hold the suspension mounts rigidly - or bits of chassis nearby rigidly and you can check out the mounting brackets.

The problem with constraints for modelling the whole chassis is that you are trying to make a dynamic situation into one which is in static equilibrium. I think you may need to resort to inertia relief.

Whatever you do make sure you don't over constrain your model.

[Edited on 24/1/08 by chriscook]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.