Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 07 R1 Running Rich
kjouk

posted on 24/2/08 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
07 R1 Running Rich

Hi,

Could do with a hand on a 07 R1. This is a new install that appears to be running rich (about 0.8 AFR) right through the rpm range as logged by an LM-1. We have taken the AIS off and checked all the major sensors are working. The bike lambda sensor appears to be having no effect on this so I am guess we are running off a default map rather than closed loop.

No indication on any of the plugs that it's just one cylinder that is at fault. Engine runs nicely enough on the road but idle is unstable after its warmed up for a couple of minutes and its using a lot of juice.

Don't have the clocks on so I can't be sure we don't have a fault somewhere. I can get it back to a more normal AFR by replacing the air temp sender with a resistor to fool it into thinking air is warmer than it is but obviously I would rather find the cause.

Anyone have any pointers on what to check next, running out of ideas really.

Thanks.

kjouk

posted on 24/2/08 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Should also have said its running stock airbox with an older R1 can on a custom manifold.
Coose

posted on 25/2/08 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
You've pretty-much answered your own question - check the temperature sender resistance throughout its range....

Spin 'er off Well...

kjouk

posted on 25/2/08 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, Coose, will check again but it's brand new (just got it from yamaha) and in spec @ 20C.

Did get a bit more info by getting the clocks on. Had a fault 60 on but traced this to damage caused by a PC tap into throttle wire at ECU. Other than that just EXUP complaints.

This didn't fix it so checked the CO settings in ECU and looks like they have been reset to 0 by previous owner but backing these off to a level that gives a normal-ish AFR requires a big change (about -40). Can't believe this is how it left the factory so guessing something else has been played with or I have messed up but no idea on what.

Hopefully going to try a different ECU on it in a few days but until then any suggestions greatly received.

Thanks.

tks

posted on 25/2/08 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
you should get rid of the exup error...

maybe it makes the difference...

also i would take off your labda sensor because you are running the risk that you brake it (they don't like running rich)..

(offcourse if its to much)...

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.