Board logo

Digidash info
goaty - 14/10/10 at 05:37 PM

Hi,
can anyone tell me if when you are wiring the handbrake warning light on the Digidash2, do i need to have a live feeding through the handbrake switch to an earth with the Brown wire spliced into it before the handbrake switch. Or can i just connect the brown to the switch and just earth the other side?
Also, does it sense low voltage through its ignition live connection?? Does this mean i dont need a wire feeding back from the alternator?? Do i need an ignition live goin to the alternator? through a light or anything.
I ask as i dont have a batt warnign ligh, just the digidash and need to knwo how to wire the warning lamp feed from my new loom.
cheers

cheers guys

[Edited on 14/10/10 by goaty]

McLannahan - 14/10/10 at 05:45 PM

It's a switched negative input.

http://www.etbinstruments.com/DigidashDownloads_Pdf/2007/DD2_Lite%20Manual/quickwire_lite_2_GPS.pdf

goaty - 14/10/10 at 05:57 PM

i have that diagram, but does that mean it puts out a voltage itself so i dont need a live from the fusebox to the handbrake switch?

cheers again

goaty - 14/10/10 at 06:01 PM

forgot to say its a small denso alternator, cant remember what connections it has on it.

McLannahan - 14/10/10 at 06:07 PM

This diagram of Steve's may help you?

Description
Description

chris666 - 17/10/10 at 08:34 AM

Ive got a digi dash 2,You will need a bat warning light or a resistor to excite the alternator windings.(you also need a swiched live feed to the alternator)The digidash battery warning light comes on at a preset voltage.Havnt you got the wiring diagram?its dead simple to follow.
Also as above handbrake switch is switched EARTH

Chris

[Edited on 17/10/10 by chris666]

goaty - 17/10/10 at 04:20 PM

SO this means i need to run a second feed form the alternaor back, my loom has only one feeding down from ignition live....correct, which this would have to run through a warning lightg i can hide behind my dash??
It is the three pin type denso alternator.

And u both say switched earth, does that mean i need a power feed ging o he handbrake switch, or can i just run the digidash BROWN wire straight to it earthing when switched??
cheers and sorry if i seem dim....lol

quote:
Originally posted by chris666
Ive got a digi dash 2,You will need a bat warning light or a resistor to excite the alternator windings.(you also need a swiched live feed to the alternator)The digidash battery warning light comes on at a preset voltage.Havnt you got the wiring diagram?its dead simple to follow.
Also as above handbrake switch is switched EARTH

Chris

goaty - 17/10/10 at 05:36 PM

anyone know what rated resistor i would need for this please?
cheers

goaty - 17/10/10 at 06:22 PM

after looking a little more, could i not just splice the ignition live feed at the alternator, one go on as it should onto the ign live terminal, then go through a resistor to the other terminal (batt warning lamp).

woudl this work to get me past running another cable to the alternator???
cheers again

chris666 - 17/10/10 at 08:27 PM

Not sure How the denso alternator is wired?mine is a ford fitment so might be wired differently.the resisor i used is 3 watt,wirewound from maplin.only cost 49pence.Ive wired my resistor in series as follows,alternator,resistor,charge light,12v switched feed.if this makes sense.

Chris

goaty - 18/10/10 at 04:22 PM

oki dokie, thanks very much