Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: mk SR20DET build
mk85

posted on 19/1/15 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Collecting my intercooler tomorrow night after work they have called to say they have it ready. But looking at things my bonet it going to take some fabrication to clear the rocker cover. I looked at raising the rest of the body work but then my nose cone won't sit flush at the bottom on the chassis. But i like the idea of getting creative with a bonnet. A few lumps and bumps will catch people's eye.

But i plan on a body for the iva and a body after the iva. As i don't want to paint or wrap the car and have to remove the iva mirrors and indicators ext and have holes in fresh body work. Again my dash will be a temporary dash then go to a post iva dash.

mk85

posted on 25/1/15 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Had another good weekend on the car between jobs on the house. I started of with mountiung the intercooler i wanted it to sit just of the opening of the nose cone so out came the tape bits of wood and anything else close to hand. I was really pleased with the end result it sat nice and gave me enough room to put a rubber trim round the opening lip of the nose cone to give a nice seal.

[Edited on 25/1/15 by mk85]

mk85

posted on 25/1/15 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
I was hopeing to turn the engine with the in and see if i can get a spark. So i draned the old oil out and as i removed the sump plug it came out far to easy. After a closer look it looks like the magnetic plug was a cheapo and striped its thread. So to save any risk am going to order another sump in a week or two just down to the fact this past week has cost me a fortune on the house ready for it to go on the market and just need to let the bank settle down again. SO its just a minor setback but theres no rush and guess thats the problem with buying a second hand engine.
FlansS14

posted on 25/1/15 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Have you got the wiring diagrams? Pretty simple to get running if you have the right bits. Halo and Nats stuff if it's from a s14a

Also, stick a wanted post on SXOC. You'll get a sump in no time

Why didn't i just make it simple!

mk85

posted on 25/1/15 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
I sent my ecu and full loom away and had them chop out everything i didint need. Also removed all the of the nats and any need for the halo and key set up. Plus i had some damage to the loom around the ecu. His price was very fair and wasnt worth all the head scratching plus he supplied some missing ignition parts i needed.

quote:
Originally posted by FlansS14
Have you got the wiring diagrams? Pretty simple to get running if you have the right bits. Halo and Nats stuff if it's from a s14a

Also, stick a wanted post on SXOC. You'll get a sump in no time

mk85

posted on 26/1/15 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
Here's the controller that am using. You can see speed in kph rev and the boost from the turbo.

mk85

posted on 7/2/15 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
A little update for you all. I now have the motor turning over and plugs sparking. But still not firing up am sure its somthing simple but waiting to check afew things with some spare parts an picking up this weekend.

Also collecting some nice stainless steal interooler pipes so then thats the intake system finished.

Id love to start securing the fuel pipes and wiring loom but i plan to have it all working before securing it in place so ive been building up my supply of p clips and clamps from china. il have some fresh pics up this week.

mk85

posted on 10/2/15 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Well it's been struggle the past week. I just can't start it up.

I have a spark and have even got a spare cam angle sensor and turned that buy hand to check the spark but this also lets my hear the injectors firing and clicking away. I've also got the fuel going to the fuel rail but still nut making it to the cylinders.

So I've got a friend coming over to check the wiring and mabie is that's the fault there.

Also have some new bits coming this week and I'll update with some new photos.

mk85

posted on 12/2/15 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Well used finally managed to fire the engine up last night. It was a great feeling to have. We went over my wiring and double checked everything and it fired up. Also got one side of the intercooler plumbed in just waiting for the second pipe to arrive of friend In the post

wylliezx9r

posted on 12/2/15 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Its a great feeling the first time it fires up.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

mk85

posted on 14/2/15 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 15/2/15 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Got my ecu mounted into the dash. Nice and secure and still plenty of room.

mk85

posted on 18/2/15 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 18/2/15 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 18/2/15 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 18/2/15 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
I've been spending some time sorting my engine loom out. I've managed to alter the loom on the inlet side that has the injectors throttling position sensor ect. So instead of running over the top of the inlet I have managed to run it under the inlet for a cleaner look.

I will be having the battery in the passenger foot well so I have run the loom over the scuttle panned and dropped in through using one of the original grommets from the Nissan car to help keep a nice clean look.

Again you may be able to see of the top of the gear box I've used some cable holders to keep the lambada sensor neatly held down.

It's things like this I want to keep on top of for when it comes to my IVA test.

mk85

posted on 24/2/15 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
I repaired the loom on my AVCR boost controller that I will also be using for my dashboard revs, boost and Speedo. I bought This for £40 with a damaged loom at a gamble and it paid of as it works now. Normally they go for no less than £175 at the very lowest.
mk85

posted on 24/2/15 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 24/2/15 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 5/3/15 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Got the car down of the trestles and some Ford cosworth style wheels on for the Iva test

mk85

posted on 11/3/15 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Well it's finally starting to feel like a car. I've got loads of little bits on order that are taking ages too arrive but as there coming from China and saving me up to 50% it adds up over the build.
mk85

posted on 11/3/15 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 11/3/15 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
Spent a few hours last night making a cork gasket for the fuel pump and getting the power cable neatly routed away towards the loom.

mk85

posted on 15/3/15 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Well I picked some cheap side panels up of a local member on here and only to find they didn't fit like most parts I seam to pick up.

So time to cut stretch and make them fit.

mk85

posted on 15/3/15 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
First cut and not turning back

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.