Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bridgeport milling machine wanted
v8kid

posted on 16/12/15 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Bridgeport milling machine wanted

Looking for a Bridgeport, pretty much any model, as a project to renovate. Anything going?

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 16/12/15 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Heavy!

v8kid

posted on 16/12/15 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Heavy is not a problem, done heavy loads of times

Flatbed trailer, 2T winch and rollers, take it easy, job done.

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rj

posted on 16/12/15 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
I know of an Archdale vertical mill for sale, its near Matlock, Derbyshire, its about Bridgeport size, but fixed head, 40 Int taper in head, 3 phase. I don't know if it is something you would consider, or is it a million miles from you ? not sure on price, I know the place was trying to sell with a totally rubbish/ information free listing on ebay, would guess £400 would be about right. I will be there tomorrow, I will have a word about price
nick205

posted on 17/12/15 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
From experience, the jigs, fixtures and tooling cost money as well.

thefreak

posted on 17/12/15 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rj
I know of an Archdale vertical mill for sale, its near Matlock, Derbyshire, its about Bridgeport size, but fixed head, 40 Int taper in head, 3 phase. I don't know if it is something you would consider, or is it a million miles from you ? not sure on price, I know the place was trying to sell with a totally rubbish/ information free listing on ebay, would guess £400 would be about right. I will be there tomorrow, I will have a word about price

Who was the seller?
My engineer is based near Matlock, Derbyshire... hope he's not subtly trying to tell me something

v8kid

posted on 17/12/15 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
From experience, the jigs, fixtures and tooling cost money as well.

Thanks that's worth bearing in mind

Neville Jones

posted on 18/12/15 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
You're in Scotland, I think?

A long drive, but I've never had a problem dealing with Nobilla machine tools.

http://www.nobilla.co.uk/

They've usually got a shed full of machines from near new to the near useless worn out. Heaps of tooling at cheap prices, or thrown in with the machine.

I've been dealing with them for years, now the son is running things these days. Good people, and will do a bit of horse trading.

Cheers,
Nev.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.