Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OK - who likes their job?
TheGiantTribble

posted on 25/12/15 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
I really enjoy my job, a family run Chiropractic Clinic.
It's part time, giving me lots of time with the family and hobbies, I have several hats to ware, reception, supplies, tech, health and safety (actually don't like that bit) building maintenance, so it keeps the interest up.
I am happy

twybrow

posted on 25/12/15 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
So many people shouting about their great jobs but not saying what they do or more to the point for who! Why be so secretive?

If its positive shout your company out. Mine is one of the top employers of the year 2015, I am proud.

I moved jobs in august. I like it. I would prefer being a full time lottery winner.

I work in R&D at Olympus, designing medical devices.

We were just last week taken over by Solvay, so I now work for the 2nd largest advanced materials supplier in the world. I head up the Application Research and Engineering group - we develop materials for industrial applications, with a primary focus on automotive. In layman's terms, we work closely with OEMs to develop carbon fibre composites for structural and cosmetic applications. Considering this forum, it is my dream job and I suspect there will be a few jealous people on here!

phelpsa

posted on 25/12/15 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
quote:
So many people shouting about their great jobs but not saying what they do or more to the point for who! Why be so secretive?

If its positive shout your company out. Mine is one of the top employers of the year 2015, I am proud.

I moved jobs in august. I like it. I would prefer being a full time lottery winner.

We were just last week taken over by Solvay, so I now work for the 2nd largest advanced materials supplier in the world. I head up the Application Research and Engineering group - we develop materials for industrial applications, with a primary focus on automotive. In layman's terms, we work closely with OEMs to develop carbon fibre composites for structural and cosmetic applications. Considering this forum, it is my dream job and I suspect there will be a few jealous people on here!

Tim, is that part of what used to be Cytec?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 25/12/15 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
quote:
quote:

Yes. Was Cytec, before that it was Umeco, and before that it was ACG. Do you work in the sector?

twybrow

posted on 25/12/15 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Medical devices to do what? My friend works for BD developing medical equipment for automated blood analysis and testing.

phelpsa

posted on 25/12/15 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes. Was Cytec, before that it was Umeco, and before that it was ACG. Do you work in the sector?

I've been more involved with composite design and manufacture. The Cytec guys in Wrexham gave us invaluable support when we designed and built this:

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 25/12/15 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I've been more involved with composite design and manufacture. The Cytec guys in Wrexham gave us invaluable support when we designed and built this:

Glad to hear it. That would fall to me now as Wrexham is Aero focused now. Small world isn't it!?

mk85

posted on 25/12/15 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Love my job.

Worked for a miserable guy for years and didnt realised how much it rubbed of on me. Took a job offer down south made 2x as much and worked half as hard and realized after moving around from one job to another while in london how profitable the trade can be with the right attitude and mind set. I love my job so have no problems working 14 hour days when its needed.

shameless plug to my website

www.finessemasonry.co.uk
www.finessemasonry.co.uk

benchmark51

posted on 25/12/15 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
Done my 50 years on the spanners, just tinker now
RK

posted on 26/12/15 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
It is an excellent question. I have been running my own hearing clinic for 17 years now. The part I do not mind is this: I do things for people, and they give me money. The rest of the job/business details can get stuffed.

[Edited on 26/12/15 by RK]

scott h

posted on 26/12/15 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
i've worked on farms all my life, when I was in my 20's I loved every day, now in my 50's there is still the odd day that I love but most are just ok. I like the variety and never get bored, with the farm I am on at the moment we have livestock and crops so there is enormous variety, not just day to day but seasonally aswell. Just now the work is mostly with the livestock but in the spring and autumn there can be 16 hour days driving big boys toys such as combines. No commute is a bonus too. The biggest down side is the pay is not great.
bi22le

posted on 27/12/15 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Medical devices to do what? My friend works for BD developing medical equipment for automated blood analysis and testing.

Endoscopy accessories. Not glam but MD never is. It is however a procedure growth in popularity and there is some pretty cool tech as well.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

bi22le

posted on 27/12/15 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The bath entry formula student car? I saw this in the mech eng dept lobby back in july. Smart but of kit.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

scimjim

posted on 27/12/15 at 12:17 AM Reply With Quote
love my job - spent 20 odd years fixing these (and similar) - yes I will have worked on that one snapper (be very afraid )

I would have done another 20 odd years but the contract said I had to hand in my green suit - but I could be a consultant doing exactly the same job for twice the pay with none of the sh*t - result

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.