Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What engine
Rob55

posted on 10/11/16 at 01:06 AM Reply With Quote
What engine

Whats the engine to have nowadays, I've stripped out my Fireblade setup and had intended to go Busa but don't know about gen 1 vs gen 2 or should I be looking at something different altogether??

[Edited on 10/11/16 by Rob55]

ed_crouch

posted on 10/11/16 at 03:45 AM Reply With Quote
It won't be long before another fat, talentless, overpaid banker drops his brand new BMW HP4. 1000cc, 200ish bhp, just install a strain gauge on the shift lever, fit a new generator/clutch cover to repair the damage and you'd have something pretty awesome I reckon?

I-iii-iii-iii-ts ME!

Hurrah.

www.wings-and-wheels.net

sam919

posted on 10/11/16 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
Only one option, CBR1000. The hayabusa is pretty old hat, tunable but heavy. Bhp/ litre and reliability CBR all the way, worth a call to AB at AB Perfirmance.
CosKev3

posted on 10/11/16 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
Suppose a lot depends on how big a job you want?

A Busa will be easier to fit into your mega chassis as Westfield used that engine anyway!

Newer engines like the BMW/Kawasaki 1400's/CBR1000 etc are going to require custom cradles/mounts and more complicated wiring as they have crap like ABS etc.

Also a consideration is the height of the newer engines,with the 8 injector set ups you will prob need a cut out in your bonnet with the air box visible.

limpetminer

posted on 10/11/16 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
What about a GSXR 1000 ?
Yazza54

posted on 10/11/16 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
ZZR1400.. same kind of power as those above but comes at more like 9500 not 13000 rpm, and a lot more torque

[Edited on 10/11/16 by Yazza54]

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

Rob55

posted on 11/11/16 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
The main attraction for Hayabusa is the name, it will help the resale as a Megabusa

But st the same time maybe if the engine is considered old hat, ZZR or CBR1000 is the way to go?

I don't want unnecessary work or expense, just want a relatively straight forward install that's around 180+ hp

Nick H

posted on 11/11/16 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
Rob, i'm in the exact same place with my Megablade. I'm just awaiting garage space at the moment.
My plan is Kawasaki GTR1400. Purchased a complete A9 salvage bike with the intention of adding a Megasquirt ECU and just using the the sensors as needed.

Looking at the figures it's exactly what you want, around 1/3 the price of the ZZR lump and has VVT.
The shaft gear completely removable, leaving the same output shaft splines as the ZZR.
More torks and the redline is only 500 less than the ZZR.

I'm hoping that a baffle in the sump and slight overfill will suffice for my useage.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.