Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Warning: kitcardirect.co.uk are not willing to honor consumer rights
40inches

posted on 6/5/19 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reb
quote:
Originally posted by bonzoronnie
Dear oh dear.

Predantic about the letter of the law.

Here is a copy & paste posted by the OP back in 2016.

---------------------------------------------------------

[Wanted] V5 from a kit car with a registration date before 2006

Hi,

I need a V5 and a matching VIN plate from a kit car with a first registration date before 2006.

If you only have a V5 contact me anway please.

I will also consider buying a damaged frame or a totaled kit car if we can agree on a fair price.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------

I guess the OP likes to pick & choose which laws to abide by.

[Edited on 6/5/19 by bonzoronnie]

[Edited on 6/5/19 by bonzoronnie]

I ended up buying a registered kit car but thanks for reminding me.

But it has little to do with the current topic, isn't it?

You can try to discredit, paint a wrong image about me or distract from the original topic as much as you want.

Everyone who reads this topic and who has a certain intellectual scope will come to the conclusion the kitcardirects is not honoring the rights of its customers.

You guys go through great lengths to defend kitcarsdirect.

I hope that you at least get offered a direct refund from them in case you have to return something.

Poor me only gets a credit note

Two questions, if you know the answers?

What is this inaccessible part that you can't measure, if it is so inaccessible how are you going to fit it?
An MK part number will suffice.

What part of Utopia do you live in?
The name of the Country will suffice.

My breathe is bated.

SJ

posted on 6/5/19 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
I'm confused - the OP says the part he wanted was in stock, then the thread turns to custom made parts. Which is it? Stock or custom?

If it is a stock part and he pays carriage a refund seems reasonable. If custom made then unreasonable.

Paul_Arion

posted on 6/5/19 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Poor you “only gets a credit note” for an item you haven’t even bought!!! Are you for real???
Think you’d make a cracking politician - so easily glossing over your own ringing post but yet try to act all high any mighty on consumer law! Get the feeling you have no support on here?

Mr Whippy

posted on 7/5/19 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
none whatsoever...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wylliezx9r

posted on 7/5/19 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
This thread should be deleted. I'm all for the consumer but this isn't fair on kitcardirect at all.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

coyoteboy

posted on 7/5/19 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
To be fair, under European distance selling rights you're entitled to cancel the contract and get a full refund within 14 days, no questions allowed, unless the parts are made to order. Under consumer rights law you'd have no right to return an item you bought knowing it might be the wrong size. You also legally get 2 year warranties by default. Very few people in the UK know these things.

However I'm not sure an Internet post is going to help the OP in any way as businesses have no requirement to sell to you at all. Especially if you go on the offensive even before a purchase!

[Edited on 7/5/19 by coyoteboy]

theduck

posted on 7/5/19 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
TBF, I would like to thank the OP for highlighting kitcardirect as a company that doesnt comply with distance selling regulations. I buy mail order a lot and unfortunately things do go wrong, the number of times sellers who are unaware and unwilling to comply with the law is frustrating and so I actively avoid companies like this because they simply are not worth the hassle!
02GF74

posted on 7/5/19 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r
This thread should be deleted. I'm all for the consumer but this isn't fair on kitcardirect at all.

Why is that?

Copied from gov.uK.

When you don’t have to offer a refund

You don’t have to refund a customer if they:

no longer want an item (eg because it’s the wrong size or colour) unless they bought it without seeing it

Online, mail and telephone order customers have the right to cancel their order for a limited time even if the goods aren’t faulty. Sales of this kind are known as ‘distance selling’.

You must offer a refund to customers if they’ve told you within 14 days of receiving their goods that they want to cancel. They have another 14 days to return the goods once they’ve told you.

You must refund the customer within 14 days of receiving the goods back. They don’t have to provide a reason.

If you don’t follow the rules you could be made to provide the goods or services as agreed, pay compensation or be given an unlimited fine or a prison sentence.

grazzledazzle

posted on 7/5/19 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
We still do not know which country are they being sold to? So what is the limitation geographically of distance selling?
02GF74

posted on 8/5/19 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
It seems the above applies within the EU, in fact it appears the EU that drove this. Dunno what applies if buyer is resident outside of EU.

BenB

posted on 8/5/19 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Is it custom or is it not?
I would be interested to know how they define custom. When I go into my local sandwich shop and buy a cheese sandwich they make it to order. Is that "custom"?? It's not "in stock"!!!

Sam_68

posted on 8/5/19 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
When I go into my local sandwich shop and buy a cheese sandwich they make it to order. Is that "custom"??

The OP would no doubt want to return it 28 days later and claim a full refund, then bleat to the internet when they decline.

Angel Acevedo

posted on 9/5/19 at 02:08 AM Reply With Quote
I wish we had this kind of laws here.
Here in Mexico I don´t think that even pointing the fact to the authorities would get anything done...
Maybe OP was not polite, but at least pointed out the discrepancies.
KCD has the opportunity to review and modify to suit.
If the government finds out and finds it is illegal, KCD may get fined or punished harder.
If KCD has evidence that he doesn´t need to comply, he may get away unscathed.

Playing devil´s advocate, if someone tells me I´m wrong, it may wee me off, but if this call saves my butt from jail, it may not be that bad.

If he who told me has no grounds, I may ask hin to mind his own business...
In this case maybe request an apology?

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 9/5/19 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
I would be interested to know how they define custom. When I go into my local sandwich shop and buy a cheese sandwich they make it to order. Is that "custom"?? It's not "in stock"!!!

would you expect them to take it back if you changed your mind after they made it for you? you should try it and see what happens

anyway I'm 95% convinced the OP is CalvinX, sounds just like him

40inches

posted on 9/5/19 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:

would you expect them to take it back if you changed your mind after they made it for you? you should try it and see what happens

Or the Caterham Guy, remember him?

Steve Hignett

posted on 9/5/19 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:

I hope I'm wrong whippy, but doesn't sound like him to me.
Granted I've not been round "these parts" for years, so could be way off...

perksy

posted on 9/5/19 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
This Thread should be Deleted

Its serving no purpose other that having a dig at a company that doesn't deserve it...

Oddified

posted on 10/5/19 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perksy

Its serving no purpose other that having a dig at a company that doesn't deserve it...

Agreed, but having dealt with similar minded people myself you'll probably find the same $hit has been copy/pasted by him all over the internet to cause as much damage as possible...

Ian

02GF74

posted on 11/5/19 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

If, and it's a big if because we don't know location of potential customer nor actual part was custom, kcd do appear to be violating distance selling laws, forums like this are one way to let people know.

It's all fine and dandy when purchases go well, we expect that to be the norm, but what also matters is how companies deal when problems arise.

There should be no need to have a dig at anyone, although imo the op should have been banned after the dodgy request to buy a V5.

Closure may be achieved by KCD commenting on whether distance selling laws apply in this instance, if not end of story else an explanation why they do not need to comply.

adithorp

posted on 11/5/19 at 06:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Its serving no purpose...

I'm not so sure. It's got Steve to come back posting again.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Steve Hignett

posted on 11/5/19 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp

I'm not so sure. It's got Steve to come back posting again.

Right, that's it, I'm off.....

Steve Hignett

posted on 11/5/19 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
I think the thread does serve a purpose (now).
This is how I see it;

Initially, the op thought he had reason to post what he did in this inflammatory purile way.
And the forum didn't know any better.

Then, kcd replied succinctly and appropriately as a business should have, showing up op..

Then op pointed out the shortfalls of kcd website going against distance selling rules & regs.

So, two parties can post again if they so choose;

Kcd can post and redeem themselves further by saying something like - all the above we posted was correct and we've amended our website to be in line with UK distance selling for all you good kc people. But the op can do one..

And / Or

The op can post answering the questions that were asked of him in the thread and maybe (maybe) redeem himself..

ATB
Steve

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.