Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any accountants on here willing to give some free advise to a fellow LCBer?
bi22le

posted on 18/1/22 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
Any accountants on here willing to give some free advise to a fellow LCBer?

I know one of you are!!!!

I would like a bit of advice regarding inheritance and the safe guarding of it.

I don't want to go into details on the open forum so send me a U2U please.

Thanks.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

swanny

posted on 19/1/22 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
I can give you the name of a well trusted financial advisor who has handled all of our families inheritance, mortgage, investments for years. I imagine hed be happy to have an initial chat

Paul

tomprescott

posted on 19/1/22 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Hi bi22le,

Sounds like you want either a tax advisor/consultant or a financial planner rather than an accountant.

I work in international tax but no next to nothing about IHT unfortunately. As Paul mentioned, almost every consultant worth their salt will be willing to have a free initial meeting with you and point you in the right direction for what you're trying to achieve. If you need written advice or help actually doing something (like setting up a trust, for example) they should give you a clear scope of work and either estimated costs or a fixed fee quote before they do any work (i.e. You will not be hit by an unexpected bill).

If you are going outside of big four (PWC, EY, KPMG or Deloitte) or mid tier (Grant Thornton, Mazars, BDO, Smith & Williamson etc) then ask whoever you speak to tells you what qualifications they have, then check them out with the registrar for that body.

Most general accountants will be ACA (chartered accountant) - they'll be registered with the ICAEW. Tax advisors are more likely to be CTA or ATT and registered with CIOT (chartered Institute of taxation).

Keep in mind that if you do go for formal advice, it will probably cost a fortune. If you want to talk through drop me a u2u with your mobile no and I'll call you tomorrow.

A bird in the hand....

hobbsy

posted on 23/1/22 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
You could have an initial chat with Nik Burrow of Intelligent Money.

See here

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=1926138

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.