Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First Drive
mdc124

posted on 16/3/03 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
First Drive

Yesterday it was gloriously sunny and I drove my (the first MK Indy turnkey) car numerous times round the car park at MK.

All I can say is 'phenominal'!

The car hasn't got the Kliktronics finished yet so I was a bit slow between 1st and second gear and as the speedo wasn't connected and the Tacho hasn't arrived I have no idea how fast it actually went or what proportion of available revs were used, but Christ did it shift

When I was looking at getting a car a few people said "Don't get a blade, they are crap in traffic/on normal roads" My car pulled like a train, and shot off like a scolded cat when given a prod.

After driving it Martin (MK) broke the news that the engine ('92 blade) was still restricted to 99hp as it's from Holland/Germany - My reaction - without even thinking was - "Leave it like that". If that's restricted it has more than enough to start with.

SVA asap (next week maybe) and in my garage in 10 days hopefully (although I can't see it staying there for long)

I also forgot my camera so anyone that had a camera at MK this weekend - please email me.

Http://www.farend.co.uk/

The first MK Turnkey Indy

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 16/3/03 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
MDC, Done my homework, with the carbs you got on there it aint restricted, they put rubber stops in the top to stop them opening up all the way, your carbs won't have those, so infact you have a pretty fresh engine that can't have had the balls thrashed off it as much as an unritricted one would have had,,,,,,,,

mdc124

posted on 16/3/03 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
I'll let you tell Martin he's 'misinformed'

Either way - What a blast!

And even driving it round in circles in the carpark is far more thrilling than being a passenger in the IsonBlade.

Cheers
Matthew "Ear to Ear Grin" Clements

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 16/3/03 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
No, he's rite bout engine, just as i understand it you got "proper" carbs on it, if not, get them rubbers off........

Mark H

posted on 21/3/03 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Matthew,

Where you getting tested? I'm going for my SVA soon too.

Where d'you live also? I'm in Sherburn In Elmet. Can't wait for a blat!!

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

mdc124

posted on 21/3/03 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
MK/PTM will be SVAing the car, and we're just waiting for a date.

I've given up now I hate waiting

It's been 'hopefully a week or so' for a month (well two weeks but it feels longer)

I'm over near York - I know the sherburn area well though being an ex-biker

u2u me when you're on the road

Browser

posted on 24/3/03 at 03:20 AM Reply With Quote
I love some of the 'restrictions' bike manufacturers used to fir in the days when they had a voluntary 125 bhp limit. Kawasaki fitted low carb tops, Yamaha had rubber webs in the inlet tracts. Of course, they never dreamed anyone would buy new carb tops or take a Stanley knife to the rubber inlet tract restrictors!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.