Poll: How far do you drive yours? [View Results]
Less than 50 miles
50-100 miles
100-200 miles
200+ miles

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How far do you drive yours?
mdc124

posted on 30/3/03 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
How far do you drive yours?

There are a fair few of you with completed cars on here.

How far do you drive them on a good week?

(you know - that one week of summer that we've already had this year )

Http://www.farend.co.uk/

The first MK Turnkey Indy

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dave Ashurst

posted on 30/3/03 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hi MDC,

Thinking about the limited mileage policy on your new MK perhaps?

Well I drive my little car approx 300 miles in a regular week of fair weather these days.

Commuting is 250 real miles a week, with other regular use at weekends probably adding another 50 or so. Drove to london last weekend too, so that week it probably made 500 or 600 miles.

cheers
Dave

More boring stuff below, only interesting if you are planning your insurance....

From 20 Jan 2003 to 30 March 2003 I've actually driven 1,805 recorded locost miles, mostly in the recent spell of good weather. Bear in mind speedo inaccuracy probably over-records the mileage by up to 10%.

Spread out that's an average of 25.8 odometer miles per calendar day, or an average of 180.5 per week so far, (if you want the statistics).

Trouble is, at that rate I will reach the permitted 5,000 miles limit on my insurance policy by 31 July!

It's extendable to 7,500 miles max for an extra premium though, which would take me to 7 November at the same mileage/day. So I need to hold off a bit.

or perhaps they'll let me have 10% more for speedo error.... (yeah, right !)

Last year I drove 4,500 recorded miles from registration on 27 March 2002 to insurance renewal on 20 January 2003 and did feel restricted by the mileage limit (and the car was off the road for an engine rebuild through a month of the best summer weather).

Edit: forgot to say that my policy limit last year was 4,500 miles, I upped it this year to 5,000 because it felt tight.

DA

[Edited on 30/3/03 by Dave Ashurst]

mdc124

posted on 30/3/03 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers.

I've gone for a 3000 mile policy to start with. I'll do 150 miles a week to and from work and 100 miles a weekend max - and thats if it looks like it won't rain for the whole week too. Safe enough me thinks

This year I've a few hospital appointments coming up so that'll keep things down too. hopefully next year I'll look for 5K limit

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mdc124

posted on 2/4/03 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Not many people on the road then?

I did my first 40 miles today!!!

Yay!

steve m

posted on 5/5/03 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
I also have a 3000 mile limit
in the previous 4 years on the road i have never achieved more than 3000 per annum

my mileage is all pleasure/shows
I dont use the car for work as i start at 0600, and the neighbours object to the noise

I also have a overreading speedo with a strange problem, the mileometer, and trip
are spot on with the motorway markers
but the speedo is way off
today on the way home from stonleigh, my speedo on the motorway was hanging between 90 + 110mph and was not correct because i was being overtaken by lesser cars at much more speed

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.