Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone know where drive by noise meters are at Bedford (SW Circuit)
hobbsy

posted on 13/8/07 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone know where drive by noise meters are at Bedford (SW Circuit)

As per the subject. I'm just about scraping the static test and am worried about the drive by. I've got a foam sausage filter (under bonnet) so don't have time to change that for an airbox (would probably have to cut bonnet and adjust fuelling anyway).

I have one of those push in baffles (sold for use with bikes) but I had to cut it down a bit (to about 8 inches) as my tail pipe goes through about 45degrees. I've not retested the static noise with this in but doesn't seem to make a massive difference.

Am worried that I'll get thrown out but it might be just as well if the weather forecast is as bad as it seems (no wet gear and R888's - not used them before in the wet).

stripe

posted on 13/8/07 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
when are you going to be up at bedford....

on the south west circuit there are 2 moniters, both on the left hand side of the track,
the first is just after the first hairpin if you have just come out the pits, opposite the trackside suite where you might go to register...
and the second is on the south part of the circuit just as you start returning to the west along a straight, just opposite the new armco.

the mics are quite easy to spot, there about shoulder/head height sticks with a ball on top, and near to or a few feet away there is a small (50cm square box) just above the floor, look for them on your first few slow laps.

if the marshalls notice that your lifting off past the moniters, they will bring you in and have a word, and if you continue to do it they will send you home, (you always get one warning, then thrown off if you repeat it)....lifting of is more noticible on the first of the two moniters,

i was gonna mark them on a map of the circuit for you but i cant find one...

hobbsy

posted on 13/8/07 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Here you go, please mark away Rescued attachment bedford_autodrome_south_west_large.gif
Rescued attachment bedford_autodrome_south_west_large.gif

dave r

posted on 13/8/07 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
they shouldnt moan at you... yours sounded great when you left overstone manor the other night
stripe

posted on 13/8/07 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
noise moniters are the greyish spots,
both on the left, (anti clockwise circuit)

bedford sw
bedford sw

james

hobbsy

posted on 14/8/07 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers for that, its tonight so I'm going to get soaked and be sliding everywhere as at the moment the only tyres I have are R888's that have barely been scrubbed in.

At least I suppose I've got a reason for backing off in places (i.e. past the monitors!)

damien

posted on 14/8/07 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
they normaly tell you on the day where the meters are..... well they have done when ive been there with MSV

Topaz gti6-tb 205 Gti (ph1.5)
Sigma 2.0 8v 306 XSI (ph1)
Provence 1.9 8v dturbo (ph2)

hobbsy

posted on 14/8/07 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
In the end it was ok, didn't rain a great deal when on track though it was mostly damp and overcast.

I removed my push in baffle as I wasn't convinced it was making much difference to the noise level but it was definitely reducing performance.

All in all a good day, I asked if I had been cut any slack on the noise and they said no, so unless it was the 20mph+ winds carrying the noise away from the mics I should be ok for there in the future.

Although they did only ask me to rev it to 4.5krpm on approach to the site (for the static test) - I wasn't about to correct them and felt smug for approaching the circuit at such low revs

procomp

posted on 15/8/07 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
Hi just out of interest what was the noise limit .

Cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hobbsy

posted on 15/8/07 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
101dBA static (as you drive in, 50cm at 45deg away from the tip of your exhaust).

Drive by is 87dBA at approx 20m (you can make this more if you alter you line - or back off a bit )

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.