Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Transporting a scooter.
roadrunner

posted on 9/2/17 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Transporting a scooter.

I'm looking at purchasing a scooter, and because I'm not insured and not passed my CBT , I can't ride it home.
Would it be possible to lay a scooter in the back of my large estate car for the journey home. Or am I at risk of spilling fluid into my car.
Regards
Brad.

Angel Acevedo

posted on 9/2/17 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
I´d drain the gas tank and run on reserve until you empty the carb bowl and whatever is left on tank.
Oil should not pose a problem.
HTH

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 9/2/17 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
^^ this

And lay some water proof mat down so the chain grease does not mess up the carpet.

When I recently bought my new bike I trailed it home (borrowing a bike trailer from a friend). Although it was all strapped down I did not feel comfortable with it bouncing around behind me.

If I did not have access to the trailer I would of borrowed a van from a friend, is this an option?

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

mark chandler

posted on 9/2/17 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
It will not be like folding a pushbike in the back and that's hard enough! Get a van or a friend to ride it home for you.

When I got my first proper bike (vfr400) the seller rode it to my house and I took him home.

[Edited on 9/2/17 by mark chandler]

roadrunner

posted on 10/2/17 at 05:55 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks fellas.
ElmrPhD

posted on 10/2/17 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
My '77 Land Rover 109 is perfect for transporting our '68 Vespa (small-frame) and our '66 Ducati 350 race bike, but anything smaller wouldn't handle the Ducati.
Either confirm the measurements or simply get a proper van (and forget about inevitably spilling and breathing the nasty organics all over your car...)

Steve, in the NLs

SJ

posted on 10/2/17 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
Depends on the car. I had no bother getting a KH125 in the back of a Citroen BX hatch a few years ago.
roadrunner

posted on 10/2/17 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Audi A6 big enough for a Honda 125.
garyo

posted on 10/2/17 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
As per Mark's suggestion - give the seller £20 to drop it off, or build it in to your haggling when you give him your last price move.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.