Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Good Rolling Road in Kent
Furious D

posted on 2/10/06 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
Good Rolling Road in Kent

Can anyone recommend a good rolling road in Kent. I have just bought my Tiger and it needs a tune up. It is a 2.0L Pinto running twin Delorto 45's.
Also whats sort of money should i be looking at?
I am based in Maidstone.

Cheers
D

graememk

posted on 2/10/06 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
i've called around my area and its about £80 per hour most suggesting 2 - 3 hours

Furious D

posted on 2/10/06 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
i've called around my area and its about £80 per hour most suggesting 2 - 3 hours

That sounds allot
Is this the normal, i spoke to one guy BD Engineering in ashford and he quoted £94 plus parts if needed.

D

greggors84

posted on 2/10/06 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
My 2l pinto running twin 45s cost me £150 flat rate to be tuned. I think they did it cheaper as it had already been set up just needed tweaking to get the emissions done for SVA. I think they normally charge £75 per hour.

All depends if the carbs have been set up on your engine already, if they are jetted for another engine it can take a while which is when it starts costing.

After tuning although slighly down on power due to emissions tune, it ran so much better and feels alot quicker. He said about taking it back after SVA for a power tune and he could still retain the drivability.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

wicket

posted on 2/10/06 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Took mine here

Gerald Dale (Motor Sports),
Unit 1,
Ninfield Garage,
Bexhill Road,
Ninfield,
East Sussex,
TN33 9EE
Tel: 01424 893903

Recommended. Re-jetted carb, before and after runs on the rollers with print out, took about 1.1/2 hrs cost £110 inc vat and parts.

Furious D

posted on 2/10/06 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Spoke to BD Engineering in Sittingbourne this morning, they have got a rolling road. Said £94 plus parts, would take a couple of hours. I have got the jets in the Carbs and some old ones that came out of it so i will take them along.

D

GeoffB

posted on 2/10/06 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
bd enginneering are fairly well known.. they used to tune and set up my cooper s and i know a few grass trackers and alike use them

Also have you heard of maxspeed in maidstone, they offer all these services, i am lookind at taking my Indyblade there to have the emmisions set up.

Anybody used them or heard anything.?

Geoff
http://www.maxspeedengineering.co.uk/we_have_contested_many_champions.ht
m

PS May need to check on rolling road..!!

[Edited on 2/10/06 by GeoffB]

ned

posted on 3/10/06 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
i used steve greenauld, track n road powerformance in rainham, essex, about 5 mins other side of the tunnel. onyl about half an our from maidstone.
did a good job of mapping my car, just don't be put off by the other steve who is a rude old fart.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.