Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: please read goverment taxing us again
24vseven

posted on 8/2/07 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
please read goverment taxing us again

just found this on another forum i use

If you drive a car, please read -

Sarah Kennedy was talking about this proposed car tax scheme on Radio 2. Apparently there is only one month left to register your objection to the 'Pay As You Go' road tax.

The petition is on the 10 Downing St website but they didn't tell anybody about it. Therefore at the time of Sarah's comments only 250,000 people had signed it and 750,000 signatures are required for the government to at least take any notice.

Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do), they will send you an email with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have signed the petition.

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working mother who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.

If you are concerned about this Orwellian plan and want to stop the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website (link below) and pass this on to as many people as possible. Sign up if you value your freedom and democratic rights -

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax

Dazza

posted on 9/2/07 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
done

893,000 so far, so thay have to listen, well, so we are lead to believe lol.

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

nick205

posted on 9/2/07 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Done
DanP

posted on 9/2/07 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
done - 300 hundred people signed it in the time it took me to fill in the details and get my activation email back from the website!
Macbeast

posted on 9/2/07 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
You think this government is going to take any notice of a petition?

Last night saw Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy mounted on flying pigs.

That said - I've signed

nick205

posted on 9/2/07 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
You think this government is going to take any notice of a petition?

Last night saw Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy mounted on flying pigs.

That said - I've signed

You're probably right, but IMHO voicing your opinion in a formal way at least allows you to moan about it properly when they do bring it in I know plenty of people who do/say nothing when they have the opportunity and then moan about the situation when it's too late.

[Edited on 9/2/07 by nick205]

Jamie G

posted on 9/2/07 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Petition

Its the biggest petition on the gov site now with over 916450 people signed up as of this morning....
Its got my vote as I don't think that people who like to use personal transport should be penalised anymore than they are ready are.

novacaine

posted on 9/2/07 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
just a thought, why dont they bring in much larger tax on mopeds that kick out so much crap, unburnt fuel, CO, and other emmissions like that and they get away with absoulte minimal taxation? because the car driver is more likley to have a large wallet and is more able to pay the extra money, so they would be in effect taxing mopeds off the road, isnt that what they are trying to do with 4x4s?

im overly politicaly opinionated...

anybody else think that anarchy could work ? lol

Matt

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but its sinking, Racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but your older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death

speedyxjs

posted on 9/2/07 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
You do all know that someone will find a way to remove the tracking device (if anyone knows of anyone please tell me)

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

novacaine

posted on 9/2/07 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
You do all know that someone will find a way to remove the tracking device (if anyone knows of anyone please tell me)

angle grinding accident perhaps?

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but its sinking, Racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but your older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death

andyps

posted on 9/2/07 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs

The government in their wisdom have already realised that people might try to do that so the legislation includes the ability for them to lock you away for 6 months if the device is tampered with, or if yourefuse to let an official inspect the car and device. Mind you, they would have to find a space in a prison first....

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.