Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Pinto fuel filters (and oil service)
DarrenW

posted on 5/6/07 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Pinto fuel filters (and oil service)

Ive just serviced my car. As well as the usual oil and filter, new plugs and cleaning out the catch tank i decided to change the fuel filter. i originally fitted smallish Halfords own just before the fuel pump (std mechanical). Shock horror - after just 4K miles the old filter is crudded up. Despite being careful with swarfe fitting the fuel level sender some crap has still got through and almost blocked the inlet pipe of filter.

Moral of the story - for what they cost, might as well change them when you do oil service.

For reference - the new filter is a Champion L101. Twice the capacity of the old filter and just £4.79.

God knows how the pump managed to pull fuel through. Might explain the strange intermittent stuttering i infrequently experienced recently under load up slight incline at overtaking speeds.

Just thought id share it in case it helps someone else.

I also used Valvoline Turbo V 15W-50 (factors didnt have decent 20W 50 in stock apart from Valvoline Racing at £25), Fram PH2857A oil filter and NGK APR6FS plugs.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.