Board logo

Honda Blackbird Tuning
DavSki153 - 9/1/24 at 03:32 PM

Hi All,

Just before the new year I completed my second Track day at Bedford Autodrome. Absolutely great track and had a great day, however I did get black flagged for noise on the last outing of the day. I was starting to push on by then but the car was running great. I noticed on the overrun the car was popping and banging quite a bit and I believe this is the reason I got black flagged.

Does anyone know any tuners I can use around the Portsmouth Area to help reduce this popping on the overrun?

Anyone have any experience with this? I feel like my Honda Blackbird engine runs great and pulls throughout the rev range so I don't think it'll be a major change. I have very little experience with these engines so I'm basically just guessing. Would a new packed silencer fix these problems and reduce the overall noise I produce.

I also had some issues with oversteer and I only have an open diff so I think I'll be looking to upgrade to an LSD soon if you have any recommendations locally for this too. Fixed rear axle which probably isn't helping me as a novice.

Thanks guys

Dingz - 9/1/24 at 05:22 PM

Assuming you have carbs, overrun popping can be due to too small idle jets, air leaks on the inlet manifold or possibly the exhaust. If it's injection no idea.