Board logo

Hedtec Helmet lifting
Digimon - 12/1/14 at 05:45 PM

Hi guys,

At the moment I have got a Hedtec Demon helmet but I get really severe lift at speed, no mater how much I tilt my head down I can't stop it from lifting.

Is there anything modifications I can do (e.g stick on airfoil) or am I going to need a new helmet?

Thanks Simon

Ben_Copeland - 12/1/14 at 05:50 PM

Gaffs tape

Mine lifts too but you have to be going over 100 for it to feel severe

Digimon - 12/1/14 at 06:29 PM

Yeah I get it at lydden and that's not really got a very long straight, I hate to think what it's going to be like at brands this year

Digimon - 12/1/14 at 06:39 PM

This one looks ok, does anyone know if the chin skirt really works?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231128807006?var=530323943837

Ben_Copeland - 12/1/14 at 06:40 PM

I can lend you a couple if you want to try them

Digimon - 12/1/14 at 07:01 PM

That would be brilliant if you don't mind, it wouldn't be until the weather warms up a bit

Do you have one with the chin skirt I could try?

Digimon - 12/1/14 at 07:12 PM

The V2 Pro looks even better aero design

beaver34 - 12/1/14 at 07:16 PM

i have a v2 seems to work fine, do you have an aero screen too?

Ben_Copeland - 12/1/14 at 07:20 PM

No mate. No chin skirts

Digimon - 12/1/14 at 07:42 PM

Yeah I have got an aero screen fitted, not to sure if its a good one or not

Digimon - 12/1/14 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
No mate. No chin skirts

Still worth a try, I must come over sometime and have a look at your car mate

40inches - 12/1/14 at 08:18 PM

You could try one of these

Ben_Copeland - 12/1/14 at 08:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Digimon
quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
No mate. No chin skirts

Still worth a try, I must come over sometime and have a look at your car mate

Yeah nearly finished the turbo install. Welcome anytime.

Hoping to go to detling and stoneleigh this year too

madteg - 12/1/14 at 09:30 PM

I used to have the same thing at speed on track of course. I fitted of these and problem gone. Ebay item number

daveb666 - 14/1/14 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches

Just had mine delivered, will let you know if there is an improvement next time I'm out

Digimon - 15/1/14 at 09:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by daveb666
quote:

Just had mine delivered, will let you know if there is an improvement next time I'm out

Will be interesting to see what you think of it

daveb666 - 20/1/14 at 03:40 PM

quote:

I bought one of these on a whim after seeing the link and reading reviews on other websites (amazon etc). I ordered it from ProLine Sports last Tuesday at midday and it arrived with me on Wednesday, amazing service for a total price of less than £15.

The item itself has sticky rubbery material that holds onto the bottom of your helmet and is made from a neoprene material. On arriving at Elvington yesterday there was torrential rain. Never the less, I went out with WindJammer II attached and it seemed 'ok' - but my helmet kept steaming up due to the spray and rain.

I removed the WindJammer II and went out for another session. On the back straights I was reaching speeds of 110mph and the helmet was being pulled off my head (the chin strap was done up very tight). It was like my helmet wasn't even there.

I did a few laps and then had some food - re-fitted my Windjammer and went back out for a dry(ish) session. Now that the rain had stopped the visor didn't steam up and I was achieving a greater speed down the straight (125+mph) and the difference was like night and day. No head bobbing out or 'pain' from the force of the wind.

Highly highly recommended. I won't be going out without it fitted now.

yellowcab - 28/1/14 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daveb666
quote:

I bought one of these on a whim after seeing the link and reading reviews on other websites (amazon etc). I ordered it from ProLine Sports last Tuesday at midday and it arrived with me on Wednesday, amazing service for a total price of less than £15.

The item itself has sticky rubbery material that holds onto the bottom of your helmet and is made from a neoprene material. On arriving at Elvington yesterday there was torrential rain. Never the less, I went out with WindJammer II attached and it seemed 'ok' - but my helmet kept steaming up due to the spray and rain.

I removed the WindJammer II and went out for another session. On the back straights I was reaching speeds of 110mph and the helmet was being pulled off my head (the chin strap was done up very tight). It was like my helmet wasn't even there.

I did a few laps and then had some food - re-fitted my Windjammer and went back out for a dry(ish) session. Now that the rain had stopped the visor didn't steam up and I was achieving a greater speed down the straight (125+mph) and the difference was like night and day. No head bobbing out or 'pain' from the force of the wind.

Highly highly recommended. I won't be going out without it fitted now.
After that. Ordered.