Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Episode 2 of my new mini series video - Defining the Driver
Nash

posted on 11/5/19 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Episode 2 of my new mini series video - Defining the Driver

In my new mini series Defining the Driver, episode 2 shows how the use of a simulator can help the driver learn the track and support the programme of work to maximise the drivers chances of a good result at even a new and unfamiliar track when previously such results were only in our dreams.

https://youtu.be/Fd9L0HZ5ieA

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

coyoteboy

posted on 12/5/19 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Hmm not wanting to be too critical, but I'm not sure it really shows that. It's mostly intro, with a few clips of simulation and driving, totaling 1 minute or so. Did I miss the body of the video elsewhere?

It's a great idea and I like the thought of some lunch break videos that show ways to improve.

Dick

posted on 12/5/19 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
Hmm not wanting to be too critical, but I'm not sure it really shows that. It's mostly intro, with a few clips of simulation and driving, totaling 1 minute or so. Did I miss the body of the video elsewhere?

It's a great idea and I like the thought of some lunch break videos that show ways to improve.

Click on the link at the top of the video at the end and it takes you to the full version shows a lot more

Nash

posted on 12/5/19 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Coyote boy, in fairness you aren't wrong. The video is part of a bigger video about how the guy approached her racing for the first time at Rockingham having never been there before. The sim work was a key part of what he did to learn the track so when he got there he could spend more time tuning the car and less deciding whether to turn left or right.
I decided to offer up a number of these "snippet" videos as exactly what you describe, insights to bigger videos that follow the first year of a friend of mine going racing.

Hope that helps with context? I appreciate the feedback though, at least someone is watching the video and taking the time to comment which makes it feel worthwhile.

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.