Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stoneleigh back to normal?
Slimy38

posted on 6/4/22 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Stoneleigh back to normal?

I've just realised, it's less than a month to Stoneleigh. I didn't get to go for the August one last year, but I'm planning on getting over there on the Sunday. What's the general expectation, back to pre-covid standards or will it be a little light this year?
MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 6/4/22 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Good question. I hadn't realised it was so soon. I went to the August one and enjoyed it. It was the first show I'd been too in getting on 10 years ago by comparison very light. I honestly can't see this one being much better, but I really hope it is for the whole industries sake. I'm probably going to go.
wonderfulweasel

posted on 7/4/22 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
I’ll also be going.

I went in August and enjoyed it. There was less than usual inside, but plenty outside to look at.

I don’t feel I’ve seen a huge amount of advertising or chatter about it, considering it’s so soon, but maybe I’ve been looking in the wrong place. Hopefully it is nice and busy.

Slimy38

posted on 7/4/22 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wonderfulweasel
I don’t feel I’ve seen a huge amount of advertising or chatter about it, considering it’s so soon, but maybe I’ve been looking in the wrong place. Hopefully it is nice and busy.

Aye, that's why it caught me unawares, it seems only six months since the last one . Fingers crossed it's nice and busy now it's back to it's 'normal' weekend.

adithorp

posted on 7/4/22 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Suspect it'll be better supported by the industry than last years. As I understood from some exibitors I spoke to they hadn't had much notice. That shouldn't be an issue this time, though who knows as sales move away from a more traditional format.
Outside/club stands though smaller than previously were more concentrated and better attended than I expected given the short notice and a weekend packed with other stuff. This time hopefully will be better.

JPSC will be there and we'll have a decent weekend talking bollocks, drinking beer and eating crap!

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

pigeondave

posted on 7/4/22 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp

JPSC will be there and we'll have a decent weekend talking bollocks, drinking beer and eating crap!

Can't we eat BBQ?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 7/4/22 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, Some of the SKCC are intending to go as well, driving up on Sunday and camping there on the site overnight and driving back the bank holiday Monday.
I never made it there last year as I broke down on the way
but those that did make it had a great time with good tales to talk about afterwards.

nick205

posted on 11/4/22 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Haven't been for many years (probably 12) and last time I did it was that busy it was hard work TBH. Almost queuing to get to parts stands.

As a trader you want it busy for sure.

As a visitor fewer visitors has it's benefits, making it easier to navigate around and see things.

Not planning to go myself, but hope it's good for thos that do!

CosKev3

posted on 14/4/22 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Pretty sure it will always be smaller now if it stays at stoneleigh, as they've lost some ground to the HS2 waste of time/money project

[Edited on 15/4/22 by CosKev3]

Slimy38

posted on 15/4/22 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Pretty sure it was always be smaller now if it stays at stoneleigh, as they've lost some ground to the HS2 waste of time/money project

Really? That's a bit rubbish. That white elephant just keeps on giving doesn't it?

I've just found this article, https://www.hs2-cubbington.net/hs2-impact/.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.