<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Leicester and Nuneaton Locosters Meet
Trev D

posted on 18/5/07 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
That sounds good to me to.
cadebytiger

posted on 18/5/07 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Sub 4! sub4!! sounds bloody quick to us pinto drivers! Windscreens are for girls
NS Dev

posted on 18/5/07 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
Bec didn't mean a full screen necessarily, but she did brave 100mph in a car with no screen at all, aero or otherwise, in just sunglasses!!!!

Only bit that gave me the jitters for a mo was that the fan LED came on when I went over 80ish, it was only later it clicked that it got brighter as I went quicker, and that is was the fan windmilling energising the LED!!!

Wheel alignment needs checking too, think a tad more toe-in might be in order, gets a bit untidy in sidewinds at 100ish.

[Edited on 18/5/07 by NS Dev]

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

givemethebighammer

posted on 19/5/07 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
I can make it once a month on a Wednesday, Thursday would be better though.

Only a quick blast from Loughborough

MikeR

posted on 19/5/07 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev
Bec didn't mean a full screen necessarily, but she did brave 100mph in a car with no screen at all, aero or otherwise, in just sunglasses!!!!

Only bit that gave me the jitters for a mo was that the fan LED came on when I went over 80ish, it was only later it clicked that it got brighter as I went quicker, and that is was the fan windmilling energising the LED!!!

Wheel alignment needs checking too, think a tad more toe-in might be in order, gets a bit untidy in sidewinds at 100ish.

[Edited on 18/5/07 by NS Dev]

I repeat my statement, i'm never going out in that car with you driving! Bec driving maybe, but not you

(yes, i'm fully aware i'm a big girls blouse)

ReMan

posted on 19/5/07 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like at least a dozen cars so far, with another few bystanders
I know there is more, so I think it might be a good idea to do another thread/poll over the weekend to keep it at the top so to speak

Catpuss

posted on 19/5/07 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Been there before, bit towny but OK.

Round near me (and most of you still) in Glenfield is the Nags Head and at Brant Hill (A50/A46 roundabout) is the Brant Inn.
(Its on LE6 0DU
Overdale Avenue but here is a map that nearly gets it right)

Street map

That one has the Triumph owners club meeting on Tuesdays (monthly basis) so are used to meets there. Quite big car park too and just off J21a of M1.

Certainly if you want to go by bus its dead easy as its the main route between the city center and Coalville.

On and its easy walking distance from my house

(edit)
(Just in case anyone has a break down and needs tools mind, not that I'm a lazy sod).

[Edited on 19/5/07 by Catpuss]

[Edited on 19/5/07 by Catpuss]

NS Dev

posted on 19/5/07 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
ahhh, there'd be no temptation to get your car finished then though!!! LOL!!

Think it will probably be the Bulls Head (or Halfway House as its locally known) as it does fit in nicely halfway between the two big groups of people, in nuneaton and leics, not to mention making demo drives for prospective builders easy as its not in any village or town, and it fronts straight onto a decent road, with good windy lanes off both sides within a mile radius.

Pretty sure I will slot in next wednesday as the first meet, I'll probably be there on my own but someone has to start these things lol!!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Catpuss

posted on 19/5/07 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
Mkay. I can't promise this Wed but I'll give it a go.

....I may be on my bicycle though

As others say, Thursday and Tuesday are bad for me. Wed is ideal.

awinter

posted on 19/5/07 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be there see you around 7.30. weather looks OKish at the mo so should be in the striker.

food is not bad either, car park is good in the summer.

Allan

awinter

posted on 19/5/07 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
So excited I posted twice

I'll be there see you around 7.30. weather looks OKish at the mo so should be in the striker.

food is not bad either, car park is good in the summer.

Allan

[Edited on 19/5/07 by awinter]

MikeR

posted on 19/5/07 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Why did i agree to go to a gig????

Been playing with the garage today (had to move stuff to get at the car) after NS Dev popped round in his new monster .......

I want to be on the road now

Brooky

posted on 20/5/07 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, I cant make this weds but I will try for the next.
skidude88

posted on 20/5/07 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
I'm on call with work....

Car's off the road too (having oil pipes made 1/2 mile from the Bulls head @ Roger Clark M.S. in Desford!)

I'll hopefully try and make it in the tintop.

Early MK de-Dion CBR1000 FJ-FP.

NS Dev

posted on 20/5/07 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be there, 7:30, wednesday.

Mine's a black and ally skinny looking seven, probably with no screen and a dirty faced driver lol

snippy

posted on 20/5/07 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
I`ve put a post re this on the Tigerownersclub forum to drum up some more! I take it 7.30 is the official time? see you there, weather looks to be good.
Nick

ReMan

posted on 20/5/07 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Wednesday 7.30 it is and we'll see how it goes I guess
cadebytiger

posted on 20/5/07 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
not sure if the car will be all sorted by then but if not i will pop over in the tin top. would be a shame to miss the first one
benedict

posted on 20/5/07 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hello???

*looks around and recognises some old faces/usernames*

OK Hello (again) people, not been on here in ages and I'm somewhat amazed that I remembered my password.

Anyway Mr. Winter (Hi Al ) popped round earlier and mentioned this 'ere meet on Wednesday.
I'm definitely up for popping along, and should be free so, it'd be cool to catch up with some old faces, as well as some people I think I recognise through skidaddle88 among other connections (It's a bloody small world).

For most of you who don't know me, I'll qualify myself as a "locostbuilder", having built a Stuart-Taylor "locosaki" a few years ago (though I do believe I started that well after a certain builder from Nuneaton ) I also built a Tiger a couple of years before that.
However, I do understand that you're now required to throw rocks at me or something as a "miserable sod" as I've now got a Caterham

Anyway, I used to go and interlope in the monthly 7s meet at Hathern when I had the locosaki, so it seems only fitting to come (back) to a locost meet in the 7! Just please don't throw anything (unless it's money - and the paper variety at that)

Anyway, barring work sticking it's unwelcome oar in I'll see you on Wednesday,

Cheers,
Ben

[Edited on 20/5/07 by benedict]

NS Dev

posted on 21/5/07 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
Caterhams welcome, no rocks to be thrown!!!!

We will be about 1/2 mile from the caterham mids dealers after all, and about 100 yds from parkers who prep enough of the damn things for racing lol!!!

Turns out I'm spannering for a brand new superlight-cosworth caterham that a friend is racing this year (he's just sold his Radical SR3 and going to something more "fun" )

Catpuss

posted on 21/5/07 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benedict
Hello???

However, I do understand that you're now required to throw rocks at me or something as a "miserable sod" as I've now got a Caterham

Nah, rocks are so 1990's, its burning torches and pitch forks now

skidude88

posted on 21/5/07 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
Ben - technically we get paid for going

Early MK de-Dion CBR1000 FJ-FP.

keith

posted on 21/5/07 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
we will be there keith & larry from tamworth (weather permitting) what time are we looking at? ok 7.30(where is my avatar picture)?

[Edited on 21/5/07 by keith] Rescued attachment both cars outside pub.jpg
Rescued attachment both cars outside pub.jpg

"aw right our kid"

benedict

posted on 21/5/07 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skidude88
Ben - technically we get paid for going
Do you think that means that we can put drinks on expenses and claim business mileage.

NS Dev

posted on 21/5/07 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
This is all sounding really good!! Can't wait to see everybody there!!

just sorted a few niggles on my machine too, so its tip top and ready (apart from having a bit of grp roadsign as a makeshift aeroscreen lol !!!! )

Cambelt tensioner was whining (even though it was new! ) so just put another newun on, and the throttle pot wasn't quite zeroed in right so there was a bit of a flatspot at very light throttle, now sorted too!

Ought to clean it now and get all the crap off it I suppose or you'll all be taking the pee

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.