Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Leicester and Nuneaton Locosters Meet
NS Dev

posted on 21/5/07 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
OOOH, PS, THERE AREN'T ANY PROPER SIGNS ON THE PUB AT THE MO AS THEY HAVE BEEN DECORATING IT, JUST LOOK FOR A WHITE PUB STOOD ON ITS OWN WITH A BIG CAR PARK TO THE LEFT, TABLES OUT AT THE FRONT, RIGHT BY THE SIDE OF THE A47, ON THE RHS IF YOU ARE GOING TOWARDS LEICESTER. THE SIGNS THAT ARE ON THE PUB SAY BUSINESS AS USUAL!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Catpuss

posted on 22/5/07 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone know if its nipper friendly in the evening as I may bring along Sparky Monkey if he fancies it.
NS Dev

posted on 22/5/07 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know I'm afraid, but there are a few tables outside so i can't see them objecting to that and I'd rather sit outside anyway!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

ReMan

posted on 22/5/07 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.everards.co.uk/pubs/bulls_head_28/
Sure can.
What's he like with a bucket and sponge?

benedict

posted on 22/5/07 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
The Bull's Head landlord / website wrote
quote:
Here you can...

- Drink good beer
- Eat
- Have easy access toilets
- Have easy access
- Sit in a no smoking area
- Sit outside
- Take my children

NS Dev

posted on 22/5/07 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
eeeek!

On a serious note, spoke to my mate earlier and he says childern no probs there, he's been there recently with his daughter

skidude88

posted on 22/5/07 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'll try and remember to collect some stones on the way past Croft.

Perhaps - Nick and Gaz can help out too

.....some pointy ones, a couple of flats, and a packet of gravel?

Early MK de-Dion CBR1000 FJ-FP.

Keith Weiland

posted on 23/5/07 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Is this still happening tonight? Anyone feel like giving me a lift? I'll bring my tintop otherwise.

I am in Hinckley near Asda if anyone local is feeling charitable.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 23/5/07 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
I can give you a lift if you want, i'm coming from Barwell, and should be on my tod!

Give me a call after 6 and we'll sort it out.

PS you'll need some good sunglasses or pref goggles or helmet as I have no screen on the car, I use moto-x goggles

[Edited on 23/5/07 by NS Dev]

flak monkey

posted on 23/5/07 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Any body going from up Cov way and wanna give me a blat as a distraction from exams? Or indeed anyone fancying a detour I'll buy you a couple or cover petrol/whatever if needed.

Would be good to meet a few more 'locals' as it wont bee too far away when I get back home. Will need something to do until I start work!

[Edited on 23/5/07 by flak monkey]

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Catpuss

posted on 23/5/07 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
If he wants to come along & I bring the nippers crash lid, anyone fancy scaring the bejesus out of him?
Keith Weiland

posted on 23/5/07 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev
I can give you a lift if you want, i'm coming from Barwell, and should be on my tod!

Give me a call on xxxxxxxx after 6 and we'll sort it out.

PS you'll need some good sunglasses or pref goggles or helmet as I have no screen on the car, I use moto-x goggles

Hey, thanks a lot NS Dev I really appreciate the offer but I told my better half about going and she wants to come along so will be driving the tin top.

BTW You might want to remove your number from the post above.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 23/5/07 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Yea suppose I should!!

No probs, actaully maybe just as well, just got home, and had a call from work that my development machine has fouled up in the hands of numpties, so not sure what time I will be back!!!

Should be able to make it, but may be late, not sure!

Annoying as I'd just said I would give Flakmonkey a lift over, and the call from work came in while I was on the phone to him!!!

anyway, should be there later, but can't give lifts now unless they are between coalville and the pub at some undetermined time!!

flak monkey

posted on 23/5/07 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Not to worry Nat. Next time around (in a fortnight) my exams will all be over, so it'll be a celebration for me at least

Hope you managed to get it sorted reasonably swiftly.

Good luck tomorrow, sounds like you are going to be having a long day.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Keith Weiland

posted on 23/5/07 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure exactly who I met and who I didn't but I really enjoyed seeing all your cars and everyone was friendly. Hope the meetings continue until I get my car finished.
awinter

posted on 23/5/07 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Great meet nice to put some names to faces, see you all in a couple of weeks if I don't break the car at curborough.

Thanks to NS Dev for organising it, don't know the final car count but at least 10 -15 and a few in T-tops

Allan

keith

posted on 23/5/07 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
hi to everyone, we made it !! well larry did,i turned up on the back of a tow truck(thank god for the r.a.c).only a collapsed front wheel bearing,nothing to drastic,thanks to matt and the guy in the fireblade for stopping will introduce my self properly next time,larry said the beer was great!!! Rescued attachment both cars outside pub.jpg
Rescued attachment both cars outside pub.jpg

ReMan

posted on 23/5/07 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Well it happened and it was a great start!
Nice to see some made the effort to travel a way to get here, shame they did'nt all quite make it
I only took 3 pics as the carpark was a bit full of regular diners and drinkers, but here's 1 of them just to prove it happened.
Nice to meet some new faces, I look forward to seeing you all again and some more in a fortnight, or was it a month ? Well done Nat for doing the first post and getting it off the ground. Cheers all see you soon, Col (Reman) Rescued attachment meet.jpg
Rescued attachment meet.jpg

NS Dev

posted on 24/5/07 at 04:55 AM Reply With Quote
Was a great meet up last night, great to put faces to some names!!!

Nice turnout, you're never sure how many (if any) will turn out for these things and it was great to see a nice collection.

Same again on the 6th June

Sorry Catpuss that my car wasn't healthy or I would have given a ride out etc. The no.4 runner on my exhaust manifold decided to part company about 100yds from the pub, and driving was a bit noisy then!!

Will have it welded tonight and be back up to speed again!!

Great to see you all, see you on the 6th!!!!

Cheers

Nat

NS Dev

posted on 24/5/07 at 04:57 AM Reply With Quote
Amusing bit was that the Tiger chap on the tow truck got them to swing through the pub car park on the way home, and it turned out the recovery driver was a chap I used to work with lol

cadebytiger

posted on 24/5/07 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
was great to meet up and see all your cars in the flesh or fiberglass. will try and get mine down for the next meet! My Dad had some photos so will post them when he mails them to me. (yes paul including your car chucking out steam on the way home )

See you all soon

Rupert

NS Dev

posted on 24/5/07 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Ahhh, thought I caught Paul up a bit quickly considering how long before me that he left and that I was not going that quick due to the knacked exhaust!! I was behind him in Kirkby mallory!

Catpuss

posted on 24/5/07 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
It was a good night, if a bit brief for me. Next time I'll either come in the tip top or cycle up to get the exersize. Its only about 6 miles from home so not too bad. Just a bit over walking distance for a mid week thing

It was amusing meeting Ben and recalling those hazy days down Sector 5.

car builder

posted on 24/5/07 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
hi all, was a good meet lastnight, was good to meet some like minded people.

reman any chance of posting the other pics you took?

cheers.
James.

Pdlewis

posted on 24/5/07 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah wasn't impressed!

Been and looked at it today and think the head gasket has gone turn it over and it fires water out the header tank :-( :-(

May be a while before im back on the road

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.