Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Please help with my camber problem (Viento) but ony on one side
tomgregory2000

posted on 24/3/09 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Please help with my camber problem (Viento) but ony on one side

I need help as i am ready to set my car on fire and claim on the insurance.

I have a realy wierd problem with my fu*king car in that i was looking at the camber tonight and found that the front nearside wheel with the mushroom adapter turned so the hubs have full trail i have plenty of camber adjustment but the offside wheel has a problem

With the mushroom adaptor in the same position i have positive camber and no adjustment to get negative camber.

I am propper confused as i have measured everything and both sides match on measurements so i dont know why the two sides are different, can anybody shed any light please?

Let me know if you need more info
Tommy

[Edited on 24/3/09 by tomgregory2000]

mookaloid

posted on 24/3/09 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Are the Wish bones symmetrical on those? have you fitted one the wrong way up perhaps?

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

tomgregory2000

posted on 24/3/09 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
they are fitted correctly with the long arms facing the front of the car to give caster, what i dont understand is the fact that they are both the same measurements on the bones but the ball joint on the n/s is adjustable IN and out and the o/s is adjustabe OUT only
DanP

posted on 24/3/09 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tom,

Have you deffo got the same kind of balljoint on each side? Perhaps you could post some pictures from above for people to look at.

Dan

austin man

posted on 24/3/09 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
is the bottom wishbone correctly placed ie not upside down??

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

tomgregory2000

posted on 24/3/09 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
is the bottom wishbone correctly placed ie not upside down??

The bottom bone cant be upside down as it has the shock mounts on it

jollygreengiant

posted on 24/3/09 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
I have a similar problem on mine, with reguard to camber. I found that there was a difference between the two top joints. Although both from the same manufacturer bought at the same time, on one the threads stop 10 - 15mm short (from the centre of the joint) compared to the other side. I will be getting some new ones shortly, however, for initial set up and SVA I set the same positive camber on both sides by adjusting the longer threaded side out to give the same camber as the other side. this made it look better for SVA. It also drove ok.

Hope this helps.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

nick205

posted on 25/3/09 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
^^^^^^

My Transit drag links/top ball joints have the same issue - again, both bought from the same place at the same time and from the same manufacturer. One is threaded further towards the centre of the joint than the other. Not an issue on my Indy in terms of camber adjustability, but puzzling nonetheless.

Some pics of your ball joints might help check this.

bill132hotrod

posted on 25/3/09 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Camber

I had exactly the same problem bot on both sides , with top ball joints wound in as far as possible WITHOUT any locking nut on, and all i could achieve was 3 deg of positive camber (NO NEGITIVE CAMBER AT ALL) spoke to Ben at Luego and ended up getting new bottom arms which were almost an inch longer than the original ones supplied, now i have negitive camber.
Apparently i was told that there was a design fault and now they have re-designed the wishbone

Frustrating ain't it

Regards Bill..

PERSEVERANCE is the word of the week. Stick with it the results are SWEET.

saigonij

posted on 27/3/09 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
always good to blame the last people....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.