Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Can you still book an SVA test?
saigonij

posted on 27/3/09 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Can you still book an SVA test?

Hi,

Is it still possible to book an SVA test or has the cut off already been reached?

blakep82

posted on 27/3/09 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
i think the booking date was supposed to be 20th march for tests by the end of april? not heard anythink about any more extentions, but i don't think you can buy the IVA manual yet though

[Edited on 27/3/09 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

FEZ1025

posted on 27/3/09 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Somebody on our forum got a call from VOSA yesterday stating they were refusing to sort his SVA as they had received the paperwork too late & he would have to go IVA. However when he asked to change it to IVA they refused as they didn't know how much it was & how to actually book a test.

Alan...

Madinventions

posted on 27/3/09 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
AFAIK, all SVA applications had to be received by 28th Feb. SVA tests will continue to be run until the end of April.
If you apply now, it'll have to be for an IVA.

Like the bloke said at my SVA - "If you've built the car properly, you won't have a problem." It's just the cost of IVA...

matt_gsxr

posted on 27/3/09 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Like the bloke said at my SVA - "If you've built the car properly, you won't have a problem." It's just the cost of IVA...

Not 100% fair. The SVA test is part of a specification when designing a vehicle. Changing the specification during a project is not a good idea.

I would cite "reverse gear on a BEC".
A pass under SVA, a fail under IVA.

Matt

myke pocock

posted on 27/3/09 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Andrew in carisle VOSA showed me the latest News Letter and it says £450 and £90 for a re-test so VOSA head office should know by now! There are some detail changes such as the need to tether the filler cap to the bodywork OR use the same key as the ignition to lock it. Also at the moment in the footwell anything over 150mm from the floorpan is checked for sharp edge. IVA says all shoud be so does that inclue peddle boxes? Some may fail if it does. Worth checking. To me saying that if you have done it right it should get through may not be all the story as it is so easy to miss a critical bit even though you do it right and to a good quality. Talk to the tester is, I think, the best option if you have problems. I did this with my seat belt mounting arrangement and passed OK due to Andrews advice.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.