locoboy

posted on 2/5/11 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
I would be interested in this for sure. Keep us updated,
Col

ATB
Locoboy

Pezza

posted on 2/5/11 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

robocog

posted on 30/5/11 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
yes....any news updates?
andy188

posted on 4/7/11 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, any dates yet, would like to meet up with u all,

thanks andy

donn006

posted on 9/7/11 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
ill be interested as well
ChrisW

posted on 1/3/12 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Right boys and girls, I've been flirting with this idea for far too long now, so it's about time I got around to organising it.

Provisional date at the moment is XXXXXX July. That's a good few weeks before the school holidays, and suitably after Stoneleigh, Le Mans, etc. I've still got to clear this with the land owner, and that's subject to a reasonable number of people wanting to attend (as he's agreed to charge per head, based on a miminim), so the date is very much provisional at this stage.

EDIT: This date is no longer doable due to the site not being available. New date is 28-29th July. See page 4 for more.

It will be held just outside the village of Weedon, North of Aylesbury on the A413.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=aylesbury&hl=en&ll=51.851474,-0.817237&spn=0.019882,0.043387&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=19.54324 6,44.428711&hnear=Aylesbury,+Buckinghamshire,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=15

I'm working on having a fully catered option to encourage people to come in their kits, ie no need to pack BBQ's, food, etc. Just a tent and a sleeping bag is all you'll need. Also hoping to make it reasonably family friendly for those with kids.

I'd really like a show of hands of people that would be interested... I'll set up a poll shortly for this purpose, but any comments welcome.

Cheers, Chris

[Edited on 30/3/2012 by ChrisW]

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cloudy

posted on 1/3/12 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds good, I'm no distance at all, so would try and get down in the R4, even if just for the day..

James

www.warnercars.com

speedyxjs

posted on 1/3/12 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
I will ask the missus tonight to make sure she's not playing in an orchestra that weekend

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Mr C

posted on 1/3/12 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, I'd be interested in coming along though this does clash with the Classic Lemans, not sure if this will affect the potential attendance.

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

ChrisW

posted on 1/3/12 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Good spot, thanks!

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ali f27

posted on 1/3/12 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
H iwould be nice to have a meet further north so Scottish boys could go without having to do 8/10 hours just wondered if could be combined with Wigton motor club cumbria classic car weekend at dalemain just a thought could have a run out up hartside or somewhere in lakes
Cheers Ali

ChrisW

posted on 1/3/12 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
I appreciate it's a long way, but be aware that wherever I run the event someone will have to travel.

I also have to consider how many visits I'll need to make to the site, and the value of my contacts and 'local knowledge' in making the event run smoothly.

All things considered, I'm confident that I've chosen the best location for the event. I appreciate it's not ideal for some members, and perhaps we can address this in later years, but at the present time I'm not considering any other locations.

Cheers, Chris

My gaff my rules

theduck

posted on 1/3/12 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
MrsDuck and me would be well up for this, although we'd be coming down in a tintop as the kit wont be road legal.

As we'd be in the tin top happy to provide a 'luggage' service for members in the area who want to bring their kits but cant carry all they need, likely be in the Puma still so although a coupe plenty of space with the seats down to get stuff in.

ali f27

posted on 1/3/12 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris i know from experiance that organising an event is never easy and an event in the north would have to be organised and run from up here you would be welcome any time up here but trips to organise would be mad just thought your idea was great lots of us would like to meet but bucks would mean about 4 days for some with travel might be nice to start a poll cumbria would catch both the scottish lads and northern boy if anybody is interested post on here these things dont organise themselves good luck Chris .
Ali

karlak

posted on 1/3/12 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Interested but the work Rota has me down for Oncall that weekend. May be able to pop by during the day hopefully.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

ChrisW

posted on 1/3/12 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by karlak
Interested but the work Rota has me down for Oncall that weekend. May be able to pop by during the day hopefully.

Surely 4.5 months is plenty of time to arrange a swap??

Chris

My gaff my rules

karlak

posted on 1/3/12 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
quote:
Originally posted by karlak

Surely 4.5 months is plenty of time to arrange a swap??

Chris

LOL - you'd think so would'nt you... Except some clever managers have made nearly everyone redundant

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Proby

posted on 1/3/12 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure I'd be up for this, the Mrs' would want to come too though, she gets on great with the lads (ooo er not like that!) and is a petrol head, would just ship kids off to the parents for the weekend.
jollygreengiant

posted on 1/3/12 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds gooooooood, just getting a deposit to you could be an issue as I DONT do pay pal. could always send it to you in a plain paper sealed addressed bag.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

ChrisW

posted on 1/3/12 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
You don't have to 'do' Paypal to send a payment with it. You only have to sign up if you want receive money. Sending to someone is just a case of telling it you want to do a one-time payment and entering your card details - no registration or anything like that.

Nevertheless, I'll consider taking cheque payments I guess.

Chris

My gaff my rules

ChrisW

posted on 5/3/12 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Nobody else got a comment to make on this? I thought there would be more enthusiasm!!

A weekend away, cars, beer, camping, a bit of entertainment... what's not to like?

Chris

My gaff my rules

tomouse

posted on 5/3/12 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
sounds good.. i only live a mile away! i assume its the field they use for the county show. can get very muddy if we have a wet spring, but thats the case with any field i guess, great location.
stig mills

posted on 5/3/12 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
Fantastic news, at last a kit car gathering in the summer. I have never understood why all the kit shows are in the early or late summer when the weather is less likelyto be fine. Lets hope this one is blessed with excellent weather.
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.