Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone fitted these lights
neilp1

posted on 22/7/11 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone fitted these lights

[img]RDX LED Rear Light/lamps Carbon Pods Kit Car Caterham on eBay (end time 27-Jul-11 09:11:43 BST)[/img]

Anybody fitted these? If so are they any good and are they ok for the IVA. It does mention SVA but nothing about IVA.

Neil

Coopz

posted on 23/7/11 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
There is nothing wrong with the lights themselves they would pass IVA and look fantastic I must admit wouldn't mind a set myself! The thing you would have to check is lighting position http://westfield-world.com/svalights_rear.html when mounting them also fog vertical.
Also check the manual or do a search on here regarding wiring them up correctly with fog etc.
Also Have a look in the manual and check with seller to make sure the lights have the relevant markings, for example it says there 'E' marked but one of my fail point was the rear fog need 'E' mark and a 'B or F' mark.

Cheers Coopz

martyn_16v

posted on 23/7/11 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Says E marked, but unless I'm being a bit blind I can't actually see any markings on the lights themselves?

They'll probably fail unless they do actually have the correct markings on them. My IVA tester commented that he hates LED lamps as the light output is frankly pants off-axis, and if they weren't correctly marked he'd have failed them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.