Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New kit car owner
cambridgekid06

posted on 29/8/11 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
New kit car owner

Hi everyone,

i am new to the forum, so thought i would introduce myself! my name is karl and have just bought my first kit car, an Mk indy zx10r! bought from another member on here, L30n.

Am loving the car and everything that come with it! the car is amazing and like nothing i have ever experienced! now need to get used to the looks and attention that it gets!!

As am new to the kit car world I'm sure ill have lots of questions for you guys if you don't mind!

Thanks a lot
karl

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

austin man

posted on 29/8/11 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
welcome to the madhouse

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Daddylonglegs

posted on 29/8/11 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Karl and welcome to the forum. You'll always get answers on here sooner or later

John

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 30/8/11 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
hello
eddie99

posted on 30/8/11 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome, Looks like a great car
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
James

posted on 30/8/11 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome!

Just a little warning... I don't know your exposure to high power:weight, light rear wheel drive, nose heavy cars... but please be careful out there!

I've seen far more crashes and right-offs from people who've bought their car than those that have built them!

These cars are fantastic... but they can bite!

Enjoy the ride!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

ashg

posted on 30/8/11 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
agreed i would recommend getting out on a few track days asap to learn how it behaves on the limit.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

brookie

posted on 30/8/11 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
that jase old car that is iv been it that and neasrly bought it myself very quick b carefull m8 they do bite
jase380

posted on 30/8/11 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
It is indeed my old car, go steady karl , she shifts a bit !!. u2u me if you need any info about the car, i did the bike engine conversion, it had a pinto when i bought it.
mrwibble

posted on 30/8/11 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
hello, i don't think you'll find a forum that answers questions faster! the search function is good 2.

Ed.

Johneturbo

posted on 30/8/11 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Welcome, Looks like a great car

+1
Also noticed the exhaust can is drivers side, does the link pipe run under the car or though the bodywork

jase380

posted on 30/8/11 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Also noticed the exhaust can is drivers side, does the link pipe run under the car or though the bodywork

I used the standard zx10r titanium headers when fitting the engine as advised by damian at daytuner to keep as much torque as possible with the standard airbox, so the manifold runs under the engine as it would on the bike, Martin keenan at mk engineering did the fabrication work to " make it fit " and made a brilliant job of it

scudderfish

posted on 30/8/11 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
Get yourself down to North Weald after speaking to these guys http://www.carlimits.com

cambridgekid06

posted on 30/8/11 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks every one for the welcome and for the warnings! i know its a very fast car and will be careful and treat it with respect!

carlimits looks pretty good! have you been on one of the courses? might be a good idea to test my limits and get used to the car!

Cheers Jase! Good to know your here if i have any questions! You did a great job with the car, its amazing!!

Johneturbo

posted on 30/8/11 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jase380
quote:

I used the standard zx10r titanium headers when fitting the engine as advised by damian at daytuner to keep as much torque as possible with the standard airbox, so the manifold runs under the engine as it would on the bike, Martin keenan at mk engineering did the fabrication work to " make it fit " and made a brilliant job of it

I guessed as much. id have like to have done the same, as there is a lot more choice of aftermarket headers to try, but there wasn't enough room for me to do that.

Damian sure knows his stuff

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.