Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: striker ride height and bonnet info - please
clanger

posted on 26/3/12 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
striker ride height and bonnet info - please

looking for the finished ride height for a striker before I fab up my engine mounts for the duratec install. 100mm or so sounds familiar from the past??? looking for the road to the lower chassis rail dimension??

don't want the engine sitting too high so I cant get the bonnet shut, and too low that its slammed into the weeds !!!

also some info on the bonnet clearance dimensions from where it sits on the top rail to the underside, at the scuttle and nose cone side, also the distance between these two dimenions. been a few delays with me new body from Raw which is holding up my welding

cheers

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 26/3/12 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Ride height front 120mm and rear 145mm seems to work cannt help with other measurements at present..
w4lrus

posted on 26/3/12 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help you with the ride heights, but you are not the only person waiting for Raw to deliver
clanger

posted on 27/3/12 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
ta very much
loggyboy

posted on 27/3/12 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by w4lrus
Can't help you with the ride heights, but you are not the only person waiting for Raw to deliver

Good to know its not just me! I picked my kit up in January last year and they were missing front wheel arches and rear arches looked liked they'd been stacked and stored by Stevie Wonder! I took the rest but was only really happy with the finish of the bonnet, all others had marks and scratches. Raw did seem happy enough to exchange them, and I was initially told:
we have inherited old moulds and have yet to remake them. then
Your GRP parts are in the queue to be made up in December, and
Some of our moulds are still in the fabrication, others are here, but we should be fine as we have a workaround for panels for now. last month.

w4lrus

posted on 27/3/12 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
I was told 6-8 weeks when I ordered in January, but you make it sound like I could be waiting 6-8 months
loggyboy

posted on 27/3/12 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by w4lrus
I was told 6-8 weeks when I ordered in January, but you make it sound like I could be waiting 6-8 months

I waited 9 months! But that was largely due to the change in ownership, but even then it took them over 4 months to have mine ready when they did take over. I think they are well in to the swing of things by now tho as they have been on the ball with answers to my questions and the odd missing part.

procomp

posted on 27/3/12 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Re engine height, from what i remember the Duratec had to be mounted as high as possible under the bonnet to gain sufficient ground clearance with a shortened baffled sump.
Car was running down at 85mm under chassis as it was a so called lowered race chassis being used for racing.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rost

posted on 27/3/12 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
I'm running mine at 100mm, but that is a little lower than what it should be. I was told the bottom wishbones needed to be horizontal. To stop it looking like a 4x4 I cheated a little

Charlie don't surf!

clanger

posted on 28/3/12 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
cheers all

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.