Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: JEZZA SUSPENDED !!!!
scootz

posted on 11/3/15 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hang on a minute... it's been alleged that this plum has assaulted one of his colleagues!

I'd be suspended if I did it. You'd probably be suspended too. Why are folks getting upset with the BBC for this?

OK, seems a bit odd to not air shows which are already in the can, but the decision to suspend him... how can this be contentious???

Sure, he brings in a lot of cash for the Beeb, but he has also been a major pain in the arse for them of late. Looks like a case of the tail wagging the dog to me... which, incidentally, is what has happened to the show over the last half dozen years. It's not been the TG show in years - it's the JC Show! They've (we've!?) allowed an ego to evolve. Ignore the incident, or reinstate him just because the public (somehow!) demand it, and the ego will become more and more dangerous!

It was over catering facilities FFS... come on!?

[Edited on 11/3/15 by scootz]

It's Evolution Baby!

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2751
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 11/3/15 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
^^^^^^+1
jeffw

posted on 11/3/15 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
The reason that the programmes have been pulled is that the "audience/star in the reasonable priced car" is done the Wednesday prior to the weekend transmission so there isn't actually any completed programmes.

As to his suspension, there will be two sides to this, as always.

adithorp

posted on 11/3/15 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
If he's hit someone then he has to go. If it was a fight they both have to go. I very much doubt there won't be any witnesses. This might be a storm in a tea-cup to some but for the beeb it'sthe straw that broke the camels back.

As for the show I think it's on the wane. Yes, I watch it but I'm usually doing something else at the same time now; Long gone are the days when you couldn'tmiss a second. Same stunts in different cars (who really cares if one supercar drifts better than another), every week, same challenges (dressed up to look different), another star promoting thier latest film/album/book in a boring car (wouldn't "star in a resonably quick car that they're quite likely to spin/crash" be more entertaining), same sittng on a sofa talking b0ll0cks surrounded by crowd (with girls pushed to the front)... There's probably only 10min's in every episode thats fresh. It's been great but I think it's about to start a downward spiral.

I suspect he Beeb know that and might be looking to get out while they're ahead. Sack Clarkson, sell the format to the highest bidder while it still has value, let them re-hire him and deal with whatever trouble he causes next.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

JacksAvon

posted on 11/3/15 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't it all getting exciting, JC on the front page.

if, this punching/happy slapping/bitch slapping blah blah blah actually took place..........
.............. then it is wrong. Internal procedures blah blah, gross misconduct

BUT...............

Much as this man has been regularly pilloried in the media for saying this and that on TV, the point is being missed.

Top gear is not live on a Sunday, the most up to date part is shot on a wednesday, including star in a car and other studon pieces.

Unless JC has taken complete resposibility for the final edit and it's approval for transmission, which is above his very healthy pay grade, there are a few people missing.

His immediate producer and Andy Wilman the executive producer.

Whatever is filmed and not wanted can be cut.

Slopes on bridges
Car number plates
Comments about various nations
The physically less fortunate people
Cyclists
And so on..........................................

So, "latest incident" headline is missleading. Should read "latest incident approved for transmission by a senior manager at the BBC"

JoelP

posted on 11/3/15 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
That's been on my mind all day! He definitely fits the bill for a kipper, especially with his climate scepticism!

quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
Surely he is just setting himself up to run as a UKIP MP.

He fits the bill:

Cash in bank
    Election around the corner
    Fan of beer whilst on telly
    Smoker
    Openly not a fan of johnny foreigner
    Populist without feeling a need to be accurate

Come to think of it, have you seen Farage and Clarkson at the same time?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

David Jenkins

posted on 11/3/15 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
I do wonder whether the production crew has decided "either he goes, or we walk" - assuming that he really did punch a producer. Either way, the production is halted...

(I don't know why I'm still interested in this - I guess it's like watching a train wreck - it's fascinating, even if you'd rather it didn't happen)

Hodor

posted on 11/3/15 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JacksAvon
Isn't it all getting exciting, JC on the front page.

if, this punching/happy slapping/bitch slapping blah blah blah actually took place..........
.............. then it is wrong. Internal procedures blah blah, gross misconduct

BUT...............

Much as this man has been regularly pilloried in the media for saying this and that on TV, the point is being missed.

Top gear is not live on a Sunday, the most up to date part is shot on a wednesday, including star in a car and other studon pieces.

Unless JC has taken complete resposibility for the final edit and it's approval for transmission, which is above his very healthy pay grade, there are a few people missing.

His immediate producer and Andy Wilman the executive producer.

Whatever is filmed and not wanted can be cut.

Slopes on bridges
Car number plates
Comments about various nations
The physically less fortunate people
Cyclists
And so on..........................................

So, "latest incident" headline is missleading. Should read "latest incident approved for transmission by a senior manager at the BBC"

This sums it up really, nothing accidently slips out on the show. It's put out there so people talk about it, which is better than not being talked about at all.

A year ago I'd have not given a fig about it as the show was all the same week on week, but I've enjoyed this series a bit more, a chuckle involuntarily escaped a couple of episodes past. Shame. But he has to go if the whole hitting thing is true.

morcus

posted on 11/3/15 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
As above, this series has been rather entertaining, especially last weeks rally cross event (Which would have been better if he'd had proper spotters but still) and this week was apparently due some Classic car action and it is rather annoying that we may not get to see the pre-recorded segments that as license payers we have paid for. They can't car too much about us actually seeing the show as BBC3 still played Top Gear today so why can't they cut what they have into a show?

If he has had a punch up with someone then yes he needs to go but until that has been determined it would be wrong to pass any sort of judgements but I can't see Top Gear surviving without Clarkson.

The thing is now it will be impossible to have an impartial investigation because of the coverage.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

ianhurley20

posted on 11/3/15 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
You know - I can't imagine anyone getting hit for no reason - so the food wasn't on the plate when he got there for dinner (sounds like something else but) - I can't imagine a swipe, punch or whatever just for that - but allied with a few choice inappropriate remarks from the alleged victim first - maybe

The main thing is that we do not know what happened, probably never will fully, so judging anyone is not really appropriate

What I do find inappropriate is why BEEB has suspended a large part of my license fee investment in a program not yet viewed and not sorted some incident out first and announced a final ruling afterwards

Obviously I have complete faith in the BEEB decision making process

NOT!

perksy

posted on 11/3/15 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Think JC has perhaps got a little too big for his boots.
He's pushed the boundaries a few times in the past and yes some of his comments and actions have helped the viewing figures.
BUT that said I think 'familiarity breeds contempt' and he might just think he can get away with just about anything now ?

We don't know what happened as none of us were there. but they have suspended him as a 'neutral act' as its a disciplinary matter now.

We would have been suspended from our jobs, so why not JC ?

To be fair he's a multimillionaire now anyway and will get something else sorted if need be in a heartbeat.

One thing I will add though is sadly a son of a family friend was dying of cancer and one of his last wishes was to meet the Top Gear crew, They were brilliant to him and made it a very special day

theduck

posted on 11/3/15 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
James May has claimed he was blind drunk at the time of the incident, that has to say something about the situation they were in when incident happened?
02GF74

posted on 11/3/15 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
Suspension for violent conduct, yes but stopping the other episodes from being broadcast no.

Does the BBC stop broadcasting football matches for teams that have a player redcarded for brawling? Im not sure they do.

The show can continue albeit with a stand in.
Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.

spiderman

posted on 12/3/15 at 03:52 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not a fan of the program but the important point to remember is it is an "alleged violent conduct" if someone was assaulted then he should have been arrested and charged with assault and if proven should be sacked and prosecuted.
I find it a bit odd that those who have a dislike for him are wishing/calling for him to be removed, after all none of us were there and the information has come from the media so you can make your own judgements as to how much truth is in the reports.
I can't imagine it could of been a serious assault as he doesn't look like he could punch his way out of a wet paper bag.

Spider

britishtrident

posted on 12/3/15 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
According to reports in the Daily Record there was food provided soup and a cold meat buffet the crew returned to the hotel after the chitchen staff had left but Clarkson demanded a 21oz steak which he eventually got.
Also according to the report Clarkson had been drinking a fair quanity of Rose wine -- that will do wonders for his street cred.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

snakebelly

posted on 12/3/15 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Well the petition is not far off 700,000 now! So someone likes his stuff, me included :-)
scootz

posted on 12/3/15 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
Well the petition is not far off 700,000 now! So someone likes his stuff, me included :-)

... is it ever right to excuse someones (alleged) criminal behaviour and contribute to social-media led motions to undermine their employers process for dealing with it just because we like that persons stuff?

It's Evolution Baby!

britishtrident

posted on 12/3/15 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

That number is so silly it destroys any credibility the poll has.

[/I]

jollygreengiant

posted on 12/3/15 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

BUT to be perfectly fair, that's something like 63,300,000 that HAVE NOT voted for him to be re-instated. (and could in theory be against his re-instatement)

In TRUE BBC tradition the above fact does not reflect in either direction on my own personal opinion on the matter.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Mr Whippy

posted on 12/3/15 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
I'm struggling to be interested but failing miserably
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 12/3/15 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Totally pointless making accusations or assumptions about anyone, we've no knowledge of the actual events and all the previous events are clearly PR'd/stage managed to maintain maximum controversy and viewing figures. Everyone is being sucked into yet more free publicity. Even May didn't keep his story consistent, totally pointless.

britishtrident

posted on 12/3/15 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
quote:

BUT to be perfectly fair, that's something like 63,300,000 that HAVE NOT voted for him to be re-instated. (and could in theory be against his re-instatement)

In TRUE BBC tradition the above fact does not reflect in either direction on my own personal opinion on the matter.

Never heard of the silent majority ie sensible people who do not sit a keyboards signing e-petitions dozens of times.

[/I]

Irony

posted on 12/3/15 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Apologises to any this may offend but if you have voted in this poll then you are a bit of a bozo. We don't exactly know the details of the fracas but for all we know he could have thrown a massive drunken tantrum because his dinner wasn't right and beaten some poor innocent producer senseless. He may well be facing criminal charges as yet.

DW100

posted on 12/3/15 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

scootz

posted on 12/3/15 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Good article from Steve Coogan (comedian, petrolhead, and regular star-in-the-reasonably-priced-car)...

Link

Sums up my thoughts of TG perfectly. It once had a unique (and obviously very successful) charm, but they ruined it by thinking they could do 'comedy'.

It's Evolution Baby!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.