Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Leicester and Nuneaton Locosters Meet
NS Dev

posted on 17/5/07 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Leicester and Nuneaton Locosters Meet

Right, I've been prompted, so i'll give it a go!

Who from the Leicester and Nuneaton area would be interested in a Locosters type meet?

My current thoughts on venue are The Bulls Head on the A47:

Bulls Head Map

It has a big car park, is pretty much in the middle of the two towns and is petrol friendly.

That last could also be a small issue in that maybe we don't want to meet on the same night as another gang, and I know that a couple of biker's groups and the local NSRA (nat. street rods assoc.) meet there too.

Having said that, we can sort that by trial and error!

How about the fortnightly on Wednesdays from 7:30pm...............start next week???

Who's up for it???????????

PS they keep decent beer, so try and come 2 to a car!!!

[Edited on 17/5/07 by NS Dev]

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

MattCraneCustoms

posted on 17/5/07 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
I'm up for it, though next week is a no go. that said a wednesday would be the best day for me . . . It'd be great if someone in a 7 could give me a lift . . . . would make a change from my battle damaged 306 . . .
Regards
Matt

ReMan

posted on 17/5/07 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev

Who from the Leicester and Nuneaton area would be interested in a Locosters type meet?

Bulls Head Map

It has a big car park, is pretty much in the middle of the two towns and is petrol friendly.

That last could also be a small issue in that maybe we don't want to meet on the same night as another gang, and I know that a couple of biker's groups and the local NSRA (nat. street rods assoc.) meet there too.

How about the fortnightly on Wednesdays from 7:30pm...............start next week???

Blimey! This is spooky!! I was going to do this post at the weekend!!
A small group of us, had already got this in mind and had discussed partly from from the local Stoneleigh convoy! (Was it one of these guys that was the prompt?)The Bulls Head was the initial suggestion, but I like yourself was concerned it might clash and was going to pop by tomorrow night and ask the gaffer what was on and when?
Personally I would prefer a Thursday, and even if it was only once a month it would be good, I know there is potentially about 20 or so very local without even trying.
It's a great idea and I'm all for it, even if you did post it first But hey, you can get the first round in
I'll make sure that the peoples I know get this post and we'll see what happens. I'm happy to pool email addresses etc
Regards
Colin

Keith Weiland

posted on 17/5/07 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't got a car built or even started for that matter but I would definitely be interested. Wife doesn't drive and I like the odd pint, wonder if the buses run through there.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 17/5/07 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure someone would pick you up.
I could if I'm SWIMBOless but she'd like to play too if she's free.
Sorry , did I read no SWIMBO's

Jon Ison

posted on 17/5/07 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
weather permitting we could come look see ya, not a million miles away
chriscook

posted on 17/5/07 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be up for that.
snippy

posted on 17/5/07 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
I`m up for a meet here. Already discussed it with reman at Stoneleigh and there`s a few others not on this forum who will come too.
ReMan

posted on 17/5/07 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
weather permitting we could come look see ya, not a million miles away

Being about as central as central can be and only about 10 mins from the M1-M69 junction I'm sure it could attract from quite a wide area. I can think of a couple of places nearby with even bigger car parks if nessesary

NS Dev

posted on 18/5/07 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev

Bulls Head Map

Blimey! This is spooky!! I was going to do this post at the weekend!!
A small group of us, had already got this in mind and had discussed partly from from the local Stoneleigh convoy! (Was it one of these guys that was the prompt?)The Bulls Head was the initial suggestion, but I like yourself was concerned it might clash and was going to pop by tomorrow night and ask the gaffer what was on and when?
Personally I would prefer a Thursday, and even if it was only once a month it would be good, I know there is potentially about 20 or so very local without even trying.
It's a great idea and I'm all for it, even if you did post it first But hey, you can get the first round in
I'll make sure that the peoples I know get this post and we'll see what happens. I'm happy to pool email addresses etc
Regards
Colin

LOL great minds eh!!!!!!!

It was cadebytiger that prompted me (he's an old schoolmate of my brother's), I mentioned about a month ago sorting out a meetup but have only just got round to it (prompted further by getting my car on the road!)

I'll maybe have to have a vote on the day to have it, as I've had a "can't do thursday" from someone else. I could do a poll on here I suppose!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Pdlewis

posted on 18/5/07 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds good to me!!
MikeR

posted on 18/5/07 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
I might pop along - as long as the p*ss taking about not diong anything for 6 months at a time doesn't get too much

plus i can't do next wed, going to rock opera thingy (friends drum teacher made her buy tickets so she picked on me to be the plus one! muppet said yes to the gig before i found out what it was)

Dave J

posted on 18/5/07 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
I'd love to meet up. Weekday evenings are a bit chockka with other commitments at the moment.

However, when eventually I can make it, Wednesday evenings would be ok.
Alternatively;

Sunday lunchtimes any good?

Cheers guys

Dave

cadebytiger

posted on 18/5/07 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
and here he is.... count me in! - that is if i have the car back together by then. lol

Can i make a special request for it to be any day other than a thursday. I work in a lab and we have to collect samples for my research that evening every week

Bit of a trek for me but i could certainly do once a month!

cadebytiger

posted on 18/5/07 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
ps wednesdays would be great for me
NS Dev

posted on 18/5/07 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Any more takers.............

Keith Weiland

posted on 18/5/07 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
I'm sure someone would pick you up.
I could if I'm SWIMBOless but she'd like to play too if she's free.
Sorry , did I read no SWIMBO's

I wouldn't say no to a lift if someone is going by Hinckley. I hate to admit it but I have never even been in a Se7en of any type except I sat in a westfield at Stoneleigh

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 18/5/07 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Both Reman and myself are within a mile or two of Hinckley, come along to the meet at the pub and you'll get the chance for a run out in a few different options!

MikeR

posted on 18/5/07 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
and bring clean underwear
Hellfire

posted on 18/5/07 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
It's quite a distance for us but if the weathers nice, we'll have a drive down.

Phil

chriscook

posted on 18/5/07 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
May not make next week now as something at work which had to be done by wednesday is now due on Thursday. With the way work always expands to fill time I'll probably be doing it Wednesday night now instead of Tuesday.

But generally wednesdays should be ok.

car builder

posted on 18/5/07 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Iam up for it be good to get out and use the car for somthink other then a quick blast down the road.
NS Dev

posted on 18/5/07 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
It's quite a distance for us but if the weathers nice, we'll have a drive down.

Phil

That is a good run down, be absolutely cool to see you down here though mate!!!!

NS Dev

posted on 18/5/07 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
and bring clean underwear

Just been out for the first proper blast this evening..........................hmmm its fairly quick!

Didn't necessarily feel it to me, but then nothing ever really does when you are driving it. Certainly sub 4 secs to 60 though!

Here's Bec with a "passenger's view! " : you can tell somethings is fast when you can't breath anymore!! it definitely needs a screen of some sort, it made my eyes run a lot!

paulf

posted on 18/5/07 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
If the weathers good I will come along for a run out
Paul

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.