Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pics from Anglesey
Wadders

posted on 7/7/07 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Pics from Anglesey

A few pics from todays trackday at Anglesey, that i managed to snatch between sessions.
Great day, superb track,cracking weather and a real good crack with the lads, good to meet some new faces, hope you all enjoyed it as much as i did.
Al.

P.S what a stupid place to leave a line of traffic cones

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Confused but excited.

posted on 7/7/07 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Nice pics!
Glad you had a great day out.
I couldn't get there as SWMBO was too ill to leave (not that I would have anyway).
Maybe next time.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

nitram38

posted on 7/7/07 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, love the picts of the Sprint-R.
Carbon Mods sent me a "test" set of csr wings this week to try. They fit, so I am getting a second pair next week.
They look cool on your car!
All I need is the rear wing! Where did you get yours!

higgsti

posted on 7/7/07 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
you didnt get any pics of a black scooby sti did ya clutch went on westy so ended up in the tow car.fantastic track and good to meet up with a few of ya last night
Hellfire

posted on 7/7/07 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
MORE.....

ANG20070707-1
ANG20070707-1

ANG20070707-2
ANG20070707-2

ANG20070707-3
ANG20070707-3

ANG20070707-4
ANG20070707-4

ANG20070707-5
ANG20070707-5

ANG20070707-6
ANG20070707-6

ANG20070707-7
ANG20070707-7

ANG20070707-7
ANG20070707-7

From Phil, Myself and Keith - many thanks to all for such a brilliant day out - excellent evenings chat around the campfire! I'm sure I can say that the new track was superb...

Steve

whitestu

posted on 8/7/07 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Do most of you tow your cars to trackdays or drive them there?

Stu

higgsti

posted on 8/7/07 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
some bad driving after dinner when the afternoon session came on .had on guy in a black seat cupra try to out brake me on the right hand side going into the hairpin after pit straight then went on to overtake me and 2 other cars after the red flag was shown i was over on the left driving slow at this point he went past with 2 wheels on the grass.was nearly fisty cuffs in paddock area the driver wasnt some young kid either but a guy in his 50s.didnt see chris out on track but saw lara croft
Hellfire

posted on 8/7/07 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by higgsti
some bad driving after dinner when the afternoon session came on .had on guy in a black seat cupra try to out brake me on the right hand side going into the hairpin after pit straight then went on to overtake me and 2 other cars after the red flag was shown i was over on the left driving slow at this point he went past with 2 wheels on the grass.was nearly fisty cuffs in paddock area the driver wasnt some young kid either but a guy in his 50s.didnt see chris out on track but saw lara croft

The quality of the driving was pathetic... I had a similar incident with the ALFA 15*on the corkscrew turn, the driver tried to outbrake me into it, so he's got 3.2 with Turbo but even in Ireland surely they understand trackday rules. I was SO angry I sought him out in the Carpark... I was SO close to nutting him

Took me ages to calm down... the only retribution I had was returning the favour on the subsequent lap, it was getting very lairy towards the end of the day, which spoiled it.

Still had fun though....

Steve

higgsti

posted on 8/7/07 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
i was letting plenty of faster cars past but most cars in the afternoon were staying on the racing line and not letting anyone past .scooby did better than expected considering tyres were only 300 mile on em lol .
higgsti

posted on 8/7/07 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
anyone up for a block booking theres 30 places left and think its bank holiday weekend
Wadders

posted on 8/7/07 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Could be tempted, Saturday Aug 25th if anyone else fancies it?

Al.

anyone up for a block booking theres 30 places left and think its bank holiday weekend

higgsti

posted on 8/7/07 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
there was a few in our group who drove down to anglesey and those that trailored like me took al our tools and bits they needed.the benefit of trailoring is if anything goes wrong with ya car you can use ya tow car like i did
gingerprince

posted on 8/7/07 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
you didnt get any pics of a black scooby sti did ya clutch went on westy so ended up in the tow car.fantastic track and good to meet up with a few of ya last night

Ah that would be you who passed me on the A55 on the way home (Silver WRX towing black Indy). Nice choice

higgsti

posted on 8/7/07 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
it was me excellent tow car . thats what i thought driving was all about until i bought my first westfield and now i know differently.must say it went well on track was surprised could keep up with most things except slick shod cars and sevens .plenty of 4 wheel drifts especilly on the left hander after pit straight and following hairpin

[Edited on 8/7/07 by higgsti]

amalyos

posted on 8/7/07 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Looks like you all had a great time, I couldn't make this weekend, but plan to go up for the Bank Holiday weekend, so might see you there.

Steve

http://stevembuild.blogspot.com

gingerprince

posted on 9/7/07 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Some cool pics there Al, love the Sprint R's

Great weekend, cheers Chris for the headsup getting everyone together, good to see everyone and meet new guys too. Can't believe how good the weather was, I now look like a large Swan Vesta, really needed some sun cream

Shame about one incident though (I won't mention who or what for insurance purposes but you know who you are) - hope you get it sorted mate.

See you at York weather permitting.

Sy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.