Board logo

MotaLeira progress today
nitram38 - 20/7/07 at 03:42 PM

From this solidworks model
front cam assembly
front cam assembly

To these (they need cleaning up yet. The hole in the bush is for a grease nipple.)

suspension cams
suspension cams

I also welded these bushes on:

removeable chassis
removeable chassis

To finish the top removeable engine support/diff carrier:

rear crossover diff adjuster
rear crossover diff adjuster

[Edited on 20/7/2007 by nitram38]

graememk - 20/7/07 at 03:58 PM

wow, do you ever sleep ? i cant wait to see the finished item, i said in conversation to amy the other night i fancy a ac cobra, she said fine but not if it come in a kit lol.

i notice the chain is quite short, wouldnt it get very warm ? or is it me talking shite ?

nitram38 - 20/7/07 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by graememk
wow, do you ever sleep ? i cant wait to see the finished item, i said in conversation to amy the other night i fancy a ac cobra, she said fine but not if it come in a kit lol.

i notice the chain is quite short, wouldnt it get very warm ? or is it me talking shite ?

The chain has already discussed and it is 14 links over the recommended minimum length.

Mave - 20/7/07 at 05:33 PM

Those bushes look neat. Can you buy them like that, or did you have them custom made?

graememk - 20/7/07 at 05:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
quote:
Originally posted by graememk

The chain has already discussed and it is 14 links over the recommended minimum length.

as i thought i was talking shit, lol. again cant wait to see this atomising creation.

graeme

nitram38 - 20/7/07 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mave
Those bushes look neat. Can you buy them like that, or did you have them custom made?

I had them made.
They consist of the top bit that you can see, plus a threaded bush that is welded to the chassis. It is made for a 10mm Cap head bolt and has a radius edge for sva.

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 20/7/2007 by nitram38]