Board logo

Formula 27?
digiman - 6/6/11 at 08:28 PM

Ok I have bought a car that is registered as a Formula 27 Clubman. However it does not have inboard springs and dampers, but are outboard. Does anyone know if this was an option, or a conversion job?
Many Thanks

designer - 6/6/11 at 08:44 PM

The original plans had inboard springs, maybe it's a later model.

andrew-theasby - 6/6/11 at 09:13 PM

YKC sold a formula 27 when i was looking to buy one, when they had their York factory. One of their models had outboard suspension but im not certain if it was the formula 27 or a locost, ill have a look and see if i have any more info anywhere.

02GF74 - 7/6/11 at 10:41 AM

I am not aware of it being an option; you sure it is formula 27 chassis? Just becasue it is described as one, does not mean it is. Can you post photo showing the front chassis.

pewe - 7/6/11 at 10:52 AM

As far as I know all F27s have inboard front suspension - that was their main difference from other marques.
What is the bonnet?
Certainly later ones have a one-piece bonnet with an intake just above the nose-cone section and a bulge running up to and into the scuttle.
As above pics would help.
If factory built there should be a build plate somewhere around the engine bay.
Marque is currently owned by Peter Allen at Image Sportscars.
HTH.
Cheers, Pewe

locoboy - 7/6/11 at 12:56 PM

This is my old F27 with inboard suspension and the early style bodywork.

vent
vent

F271
F271

Forum member 'gregf27' 's Formula 27 again with inboard suspension and the newer style bodywork.

GF27
GF27

digiman - 7/6/11 at 08:37 PM

Here you go:
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Any suggestions?

jacko - 7/6/11 at 08:46 PM

Looks like a locost to me

alfas - 12/7/11 at 05:25 PM

enginebay pictrues would help to see if somebody cut the original inbord fixings, also i think, from first view, that it isnt a forumla27..likely to be "something" using a formula27 V5 to avoid sva/iva

adampage - 13/7/11 at 02:05 PM

Are Stuart Taylor, I'm sure they are. The way they have the 'lip' at the end of the bottom one is quite distinctive and exactly how mine was.

Or Aries Motorsport as they're now known.

That car's been advertised a few times over the years, it's a CBR1000 isn't it, so very short-geared? I remember years ago seeing it with a carbon-look body and removable rear lights on a separate panel, then I think someone did it up & gave it the new orange paint job and remarketed it.

Hope that helps
Ad