Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: RS6 confusion on Saturn build
geedle

posted on 20/12/22 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
RS6 confusion on Saturn build

Hi,

RS6 is 752mm in the Haynes book. It is shown as 752mm in the Saturn book at the back, but there is a paragraph which says that the external separation of RS4 and RS5 should be 627mm, which would suggest that RS6 should be 627. If it is indeed 627 and not 752, that would go a long way in explaining the massive positive camber I have right now.

If 627 is correct, I think both D12s will miss RS6 as they will be to far apart. Easy to sort, by the Saturn book shows no change to the D12s.

Any insight would be very gratefully received.

Geedle.

Slimy38

posted on 21/12/22 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
I seem to remember the change in dimensions is to accommodate the MX5 rear diff. The upper wishbones are shorter to compensate for the increased width. Are you using Haynes wishbones or the newer design from the Saturn docs?
geedle

posted on 22/12/22 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah I am using the Saturn wishbones.

The wishbones are shorter. And the diff box is narrower. Can't figure out what should be going on with RS6 though to accommodate that. The Saturn plans seem to be contradicting themselves (or I have misunderstood - more likely).

Big T

posted on 23/12/22 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
I measured my chassis when I was in the garage the other night and have totally forgotten where I put the measurements. So I will have to go back. I know there were a few amendments to the Saturn plans, I’ll have to check what version mine are to see if any of ours are out of date.

There is quite a lot of snippets of info regarding the Saturn plans and how to over come some of the problems. I might try and Colgate all of this info into a build thread to help any future builders. The further I get into the Saturn amendments the more errors there seems to be.

I found a diagram the other week of the rear cradle and wishbone setup with a few dimensions attached. Might not be any good but I’ll upload it later.

geedle

posted on 26/12/22 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
I think I've got it worked out now. Not welded it all finally, still doing some test fitting. Looks a lot better now though!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.