Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: a decent poly bush supplier
ian.stewart

posted on 15/1/23 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
a decent poly bush supplier

I'm looking for a source of simple poly bushes so I can make a couple of engine and gearbox mounts, all I want are split poly bushes, inner and outer tubes. perhaps some tabs?
I seem to be a bit out of touch with sourcing bits and bobs these days, once, everything was a phone call or a quick drive away, now its all on line, and EBay algorithms are s-it This morning, I put in DIY poly bush kits, and it come back with 2 bush sets 100s of bits for Audis etc, and 50 Houses in Australia????

Something different, Very different..............

roadrunner

posted on 16/1/23 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
Rally Design

Linky

[Edited on 16/1/23 by roadrunner]

cliftyhanger

posted on 16/1/23 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
https://www.superflex.co.uk/
Neville Jones

posted on 20/1/23 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
I've used Superpro 1276 bushes for over 30 years, for engine, diff, gearbox mounts. They are TVR suspension bushes, and fit into 1 1/4 x 3.2 tube'

The Superpro's don't go granular with age, and I've got some here that are at least 20 yrs old, and as good as new. I've been to the factory in Brisbane, and was told why their bushes don't degrade, but have forgotten...it was 2002! A car I built in 1988 using Superpro bushes is still going strong on them.

I make my own centre tubes from Delrin or stainless steel, depending on application. Superpro can do the same for you.

You don't need massive 12mm bolts anywhere on a locost, and I use 10mm on engine mounts.

[Edited on 20/1/23 by Neville Jones]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.