Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: BIG HELP NEEDED VIN NUMBER?
Highcost builder

posted on 1/11/02 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
BIG HELP NEEDED VIN NUMBER?

Right then lads i seem to recall someone who can do searches on reg numbers etc..

Well i need your help big time just trying to register my car and i cant find the donor car v5.

I can apply for another but i dont have the vin number can you help?

The engine number is 711m6015ba and i think the reistration number was XOU404V if you can help then please u2u or e mail me the details.

Thanks Lads denz@blueyonder.co.uk

If you can help ill owe you big time.

bob

posted on 1/11/02 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
I somehow lost a log book when i moved house nearly 5 years ago,all i had was reg number and swansea sent me new V5 no problem.
In fact they were a bit over keen and sent me another 2 days later as well.

Hope this helps,even if the book was not in your name you should be able to get one with just the reg.

Macca

posted on 1/11/02 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Bob's correct, the reg No is enough for them to issue a rplacement V5.
Col

geoff shep

posted on 4/11/02 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
Lost your V5 - want to check that 'too good to be true' donor?

If the donor was registered in your name (ie still is) and there are no changes in details you can apply for a duplicate by phone (see front of form V62)

If you do not have a V5 or have lost it you can apply for a replacement using form V62 from a post office or online at the DVLA website
The form itself is here V62

The form does say it needs the reg and VIN no - do you have the vin plate from the donor?

Another site which might help here (for a cost) and useful for anyone else interested in a car's details, pre-purchase for instance is
Carwatchuk .

Carwatch costs £9.99 and, using just the reg no, returns all of the registration information including:

Reg, make, model, eng cap, eng no, fuel type, colour, body style, trans, VIN, date of first reg, yr of manufacture, no of former keepers, last change, gross wt, ABI code, insurance gp. Also import/export/colour change/stolen/accident information.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.