Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: New Member from Spain
Alligator

posted on 26/4/11 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
New Member from Spain

Hi everybody, I'm a future new builder from Spain, I'm thinking what kit should I buy and I don't have decision yet about which of this 3 of these manufacturers I'm going to take. May be some of you can help me in my decision, I like the MK Indy, the Rush Dax and the MAC1, this is my first project and as I don't have many experience all the suggestions are welcome I'm really entusiastic about kit cars. who knows may be is a good idea to start a kit car bussines here in the future with anyone that wants to participate. Again thank you and really sorry if I make mistakes with my english. waiting for your comments.
big-vee-twin

posted on 26/4/11 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hello and welcome, your Engilsh is very good.

I personally think any of those three kits are good, my preference would be a Dax but I dont really think there are significant differences between them

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

Moorron

posted on 26/4/11 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome

Which area of Spain do you live?

MK and Mac1 are almost the same car so its down to which bonnet design you like and the costs. Dax is a larger car designed for big V8 engines and is the better looking in my opinion so if you like V8's then go for the Dax, if you want a bike engine i would go for the MK or MAC1.

All of them are going to be fun so you cant loose.

T66

posted on 26/4/11 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Hello and welcome ...

Have you seen the MNR Vortx ?

http://www.mnrltd.co.uk/index2.html

There are other forums, but this one has a bit of everything, techy help is plentiful and also a good dose of humour.

LBMEFM

posted on 26/4/11 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hi and welcome to the site, I like MK but I am biased because I have one. What's it going to be like building a kit car in Spain, have you a strict test by the authorities before you can register/use it on the road like we have the IVA test in the UK.?
Alligator

posted on 26/4/11 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Thank's again to all of you, I'm living in Madrid and if anyone of you want to visit this city you are allways welcome here.

I'm really confuse what to choose in terms of prices I think more or less are similar, in terms of performance also the same what I'm looking for is for a good service, a lot of help because my knowledge in mechanical are limited and not to complicate

What do you recomend Car engine or Bike engine?

Regarding the registration here in Spain is almost imposible to register these cars so I will need to send the car to UK get the licences there and importing the car again here, so this is the black point but I'm really entusiastic to do it

T66

posted on 26/4/11 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alligator
Thank's again to all of you, I'm living in Madrid and if anyone of you want to visit this city you are allways welcome here.

I'm really confuse what to choose in terms of prices I think more or less are similar, in terms of performance also the same what I'm looking for is for a good service, a lot of help because my knowledge in mechanical are limited and not to complicate

What do you recomend Car engine or Bike engine?

Regarding the registration here in Spain is almost imposible to register these cars so I will need to send the car to UK get the licences there and importing the car again here, so this is the black point but I'm really entusiastic to do it

In which case, is it not worth considering an already built car with IVA & UK registration to do a simple import, then do what you like with it, as a rolling restore type job.

Can imagine it would be fairly costly, building then moving a car to the UK to then bring it all back again.

Alligator

posted on 26/4/11 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Yes T66 may be you are right the poblem is that in UK all of them are RHD and I need LHD here and I'm not sure if after import and make this modification need to pass to UK again, because if this is possible this is the best idea
austin man

posted on 26/4/11 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
The Guys at MK built and exported quite a few to Spain so have done the LHD builds its worth sending them an email

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Alligator

posted on 26/4/11 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
I will contact MK people but may be to buy a new built car LHD is really more expensive, if this is the case I think the best solution is to buy a used car and find somebody to change it to LHD in UK pass the test and send the car here, the problem with all this things is that I will get the car but I will loose the pleasure to build it for myself

But in this life you can't have everything. As you see my life is complicate, you are very lucky there

May be anyone of you want to sell your car and make the modification for me, this is another option

austin man

posted on 26/4/11 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
cant you buy a registered RHD car and convert it yourself in Spain

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Alligator

posted on 26/4/11 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Yes this is possible but I need to pass register again aferte finish the conversion
T66

posted on 26/4/11 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
If you want a delivery driver - just ask.

Alligator

posted on 26/4/11 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Yes T66 this is also possible but also you need to come with this fantastic car, I like it, if this can be register that's it I will buy from you and you can come to bring it

T66

posted on 26/4/11 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alligator
Yes T66 this is also possible but also you need to come with this fantastic car, I like it, if this can be register that's it I will buy from you and you can come to bring it

I wish the Pedraza car was mine, they are very nice. I quite fancy driving a Seven style car down to Madrid, just need to get you to buy one !!!

If you want quality work done on whatever you buy, RetroPower built my Fiat 126. They are well versed in converting anything to accept anything, so a LHD conversion would be easily done by them.

Give them a call

http://www.retropower.co.uk/projects_126_Blackbird.htm

Alligator

posted on 27/4/11 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
ok T66 thank you for the information I just starting looking for already used built Lotus seven is a good idea to do this modification with this people. but after see this Pedrazza wow I love it. can you give me more details about your fiat it looks great as well

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.