Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Suspension bushes and tube
semi42

posted on 9/9/02 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Suspension bushes and tube

I was going to order the Suspension bushes and tube kits from lolocost but as a few people of this group have had bad experiences with the company in question ,I'm a little apprehensive.
Any suggestions of alternative suppliers?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Metal Hippy™

posted on 9/9/02 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
If it's the threaded tube that's part of what you're after you'd be better off saving your money and finding a mate that has access to a good lathe and a tap.

Lolo threaded tube is shit.

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

Simon

posted on 9/9/02 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
Got my brackets / bushes / inserts / nuts and bolts from Luego.

Try 'em. Very helpful outfit.

ATB

Simon

ChrisW

posted on 10/9/02 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
Both myself and Hippy ordered the threaded tubes from Lolo. They were a real crap job and when I asked them to give me some better ones their response was "we expect someone untertaking a project like that to have the right tap - sort them out yourself". Duhh!! Why would I have any need to buy the tubes if I had the tap already??

Anyway, Merlin can sort you out with all the bits. Email merlin@locostbuilders.co.uk or just drop me a line and I'll get them off him and post them.

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JohnFol

posted on 10/9/02 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
I got my bush set from Lolocost aka RobinHood.
The outer sleaves need cleaning as they have some surface grime and the inserts don't have 100% flat ends.
Even so, I've been happy with the service, having had calls (like this morning) to confirm when I said 34 and 2 quarters I meant 34 and a half.
They also deliver when they say they will. I aim to use them again.

JohnFol

posted on 10/9/02 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
PS, their brochure doesn't give sizes for the length of the bush set. It's different from what the book suggests, so don't make the brackets up until you have them.
Or do what I did. Give a bush set to merlin and get him to make you a set of brackets.

Highcost builder

posted on 10/9/02 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
ive had a lot of stuff from them and not had a problem yet and they were very helpfull i dont know what you lot are moaning about, wouldnt buy a kit from them but selected bits are very good. Never happy you lot!
bran

posted on 12/9/02 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Lolocost
Hi all,
Sent order with cheque on Monday, top bj's with nuts arrived on Wednesday, £14 incl p/p
can't ask for more, will use them again.
Colin.

bob

posted on 12/9/02 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Same here,i've not had a problem with lolocost.
Although i mainly buy from them at shows,allways best to view the goods when they are very competitive on price.

Ian Pearson

posted on 13/9/02 at 06:18 AM Reply With Quote
I've bought various bits from Lolocost, including threaded tube. I've had no problems with them at all. They have always been polite, helpful and competitive price wise. I have always bought from shows, or open days. No complaints here.
mad-butcher

posted on 13/9/02 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
evenin all
only ever bought from 3 places
Daniels engineering for wishbones absoloute shite.
MK brilliant bought my indy off them
lolocost at shows get to see what your buying
Light set for £100 you get what u need and qualities not bad i,ve seen worse chroming on higher priced parts
front brake set disks & calipers & pads £70 (new) told my local car spares shop and he tried to get 10 sets cos they were cheaper than he pays for them trade
buyer beware
Tony

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.