Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Nuts 'n' bolts?
donut

posted on 25/9/02 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Nuts 'n' bolts?

What are the most common sizes of nuts & bolts needed for the build and how many? It would be handy to have them ready for when the kit arrives.

Cheers in advance

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 25/9/02 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
I bought myself a mixed bag of 8.8 nuts and botls for about £12, include m4, 6, 8 nyloks and allsorts. Then bought a load of m10's and m12's for my suspension.....
paulbeyer

posted on 25/9/02 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Where from Ciabatta Boy
Highcost builder

posted on 25/9/02 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
paul there is a good shop in wsm called the nuts and bolts shop sell each or by the bag.

On winterstoke road by halfords

donut

posted on 26/9/02 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks...

Did you have to shorten any of th bolts?

Paulbeyer- If you are refering to me as ciabatta boy (God knows why?) i live near Croydon, south london/north surrey

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ewanspence

posted on 26/9/02 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
I got boxes of M6,8 & 10 (8.8 grade) from www.screwfix.com. Couple of lengths in each size. Really good prices and I have enough to build about 10 cars....sure they'll come in hady for something.

Got the seatbelt nuts from www.namrick.co.uk really quick services.

Ewan.

Visit the MegaGrip site :-
http://www.geocities.com/ewanspence/

Jasper

posted on 26/9/02 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
I'm Ciabatta boy, and I got them from a local shop in Hove, but Screwfix look really reasonable....
Cheffy

posted on 26/9/02 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
Just found a great place near me (Witney, Oxfordshire) called John Young Fasteners and Engineering Supplies. Really nice bloke. When I told him what I was doing he spent about half an hour showing me round! Does all the tools and fastenings you're ever likely to need. Even does light weight aircraft stuff if you're going racing. Supplies several of the F1 teams. Prices good too, and does mail order.

Unit 7, Cranbrook Court, Avenue 2, Station Lane, Witney, Oxon, OX8 6YD.
Tel: 01993 700337.
Fax: 01993 778123.
Mobile: 07860 617185.
e-mail: johnyoung.co.uk@virgin.net

Cheers, Mart

MrFluffy

posted on 26/9/02 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I'm Ciabatta boy, and I got them from a local shop in Hove, but Screwfix look really reasonable....

Shouldnt that be "Hove, actually"?
I used to live in steynning up to last dec...

Dick Axtell

posted on 26/9/02 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote

I used to live in steynning up to last dec...

Mr Fluffy??

Don't remember anyone of that name. Mind you, I left in 1961. Whereabouts in Steyning? Are the facilities for the younger folk still as non-existent?

Dick

MrFluffy

posted on 26/9/02 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Actually steynning was the area, it was actually the old cement workers houses in upper beeding, by shoreham cement works...
Remember where the fire engine used to be? (surely everyone remembers mouse's fire engine), about 6 doors up. It was my kitcar on a trailer n matt black van that lived on that verge for about 6 months too.. Small world :p

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.