Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Formula Race Pod
sam919

posted on 11/10/16 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Formula Race Pod

As title suggests:

Approx 2000 miles use, bought from Racepod and sprayed VW 'Indian' Blue to match van. Used for a caterham to approx 6-7 race weekends, and a trip to birmingham to pick up a Mallcok race car.

- Tyres all in excellent condition same with wheels not rust or corrosion.
- LED lights fitted rear and side and new loom/ plug with waterproof JB
- Internal tyre rack with fold over locking bar
- Wheel stops, not fitted but with trailer ready to adjust to car length
- Ball hitch in new condition no play or mechanical issues
- Handbrake/ emergency brake all working and brakes in great condition, drums off last week and everything checked
- A few marks here and there, two or three patches of light crazing/ star shaped cracks about the size of a tea plate and i scrapped it against a fence post and touched it up with a can of the same color.
- Manual winch with webbing strap
- I took it down to a local painters to touch up but it couldn't fit in his booth, so this wasn't done , our twins have arrived so really not the time to turn it around.

I was going to put it up for £4500 with the paint work done, i was quoted £250 to touch it up, so looking for £4250. I paid £5000 for it 4-5 years ago and its not done a lot of work at all, and its straight not hidden issues or damage, tows really well.

I dont have any more photos, ill get some at some point over the next few days when i pick the trailer up from the spray shop

sarrenberg@hotmail.com

07740 684 186

[Edited on 11/10/16 by sam919]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

sam919

posted on 20/10/16 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Any takers?
jeffw

posted on 20/10/16 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
I'd post it on uphillracers and Pistonheads.

sam919

posted on 20/10/16 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
I'll have to get an uphill account/ register
daniel mason

posted on 20/10/16 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
I'd love it,but can't see any real reason to get rid of my brian James race box to buy it. Other than the fact I prefer the look of it.try uphillracers Sam.
sam919

posted on 20/10/16 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Ok I'll have a look at registering now. I like the trailer, it tows really well and is light to manoeuvre around by hand, I bought a bigger BJ motor shuttle, it's actually in not great condition but it means I can accommodate larger vehicles. Anyway, sad to see it go
jeffw

posted on 20/10/16 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
I'd include some more photos, inside/front/otherside/back etc.

sam919

posted on 20/10/16 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, I've a load more, using a smart phone it's a pain to upload etc on here. Available on request
Loco

posted on 20/10/16 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
I'd love it, it's exactly what I've been after but I need to sell mine first and there's not much interest in it either at the moment!
sam919

posted on 20/10/16 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Yes your right, it's the wrong time of year. I was chatting to the guys at Eco trailer and they were saying the same...... Next minute it's Xmas etc and people have other commitments.
jeffw

posted on 20/10/16 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
To a casual browser of trailers the words "photos available on request" are a turn off. You need to grab peoples attention and you are either serious about selling it or you're not.

I might be interested but you've only included one photo from which I can see very little of the trailer or internal space.

[Edited on 20/10/16 by jeffw]

sam919

posted on 20/10/16 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for your top tips!. I have found in many cases if people are interested they phone or text you. To the casual browser, all the info is on the first section, if only with one photo. Other photos i have emailed to people showing interest from this forum.

Correction - you cant see any of the internal space, and we've covered having only one photo. So you could send me your email address, and i could send you some photos? I can tell you though, the other side of the trailer looks...very similar to this side, put a mirror to the side of your pc screen and you'll get the idea.

jeffw

posted on 20/10/16 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Well good luck with the sale....

sam919

posted on 20/10/16 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck with finding one..... Though I suspect you were never looking for one in the first place
jeffw

posted on 21/10/16 at 05:41 AM Reply With Quote
You seem to have taken my comments the wrong way. I was trying to help you with you advertisement and suggesting ways to get it out to a larger audience (uphillracers and pistonheads).

I'm not looking for one in particular but if the right one came along at the right price I may well have a 'must have' moment and see if we could do a deal. Without decent photos on the advert I just scanned past it originally. It is unlikely (or maybe not) that I am unique in this so I was simple suggesting something which would make me stop a look a little harder.

As I said, good luck with the sale.

[Edited on 21/10/16 by jeffw]

danmalkin

posted on 21/10/16 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Sam
It might also be worth registering and putting an advert on the Caterham Graduates website (www.graduates.org.uk) . I'm happy to stick a link to the ad on Lotus7club site also if you wanted.
The trailer is a bargain - cracking trailer - A number of the grads guys had/ have them and they are ideal for the racecars and race weekend - keeps you dry - and for sleeping in!!
I'd have it in a heartbeat if I had spare cash.

dan

sam919

posted on 21/10/16 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Dan,

That would be good I'll send some photos across. Tbh I thought I'd start here and then if nothing came up, go mainstream. The grads is s good one, used to be involved with them a while back. Thanks.... Come to think if it i might still have access

lsdweb

posted on 21/10/16 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
These are great trailers.

I sold mine (in very similar condition) over a year ago and regretted selling it ever since!

Best of luck with the sale.

Wyn

danmalkin

posted on 21/10/16 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
Sam

I've stuck an ad on Lotus 7 club site - https://www.lotus7.club/forum/sale/formula-race-pod

Grads - I raced with them 2007-2011 - Not sure if we met..

sam919

posted on 21/10/16 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Great thanks. Maybe not, my mate Guy Halley used to race with them, I helped him out and with bits and pieces, also bought an R400 from Mcmillan/ Andy A who were supplying cars, parts support etc. Guys mega grad was then used for passenger rides for a track experience company we both drove for on and off, I got the CSR 200, there was also an Atom. The mega grads were virtually r300 spec..... If not a little better with the tran x box?!
danmalkin

posted on 21/10/16 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Ah.. I remember Guy, although I don't think I raced in the same class at the time.

Mega Grads - nowhere near R300.... 140-150bhp K-series with VVC plenum.. Tran X box was a little long geared.
Good luck with the sale!

sam919

posted on 21/10/16 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
These are great trailers.

I sold mine (in very similar condition) over a year ago and regretted selling it ever since!

Best of luck with the sale.

Wyn

I think ill be the same :-)

sam919

posted on 26/10/16 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Just a few more photos of the trailer, as pointed out, but not necessarily noticed, i hadn't put more up due to not having access to a laptop.

Anyway, some shots of the areas affected by road debris and also one of the tyre rack, tyres and wheels not included.

Regards

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 26/10/16 by sam919]

sam919

posted on 9/11/16 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
£4000 ?
sam919

posted on 13/11/16 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
FYI, the trailer can be fully locked up, slept in, used to move house, used as a house, and if you've been watching Amazing Spaces with George Clark.....potential holiday home?!
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.