Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommend Seats For A Haynes?
the_big_1

posted on 19/7/17 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Recommend Seats For A Haynes?

Hi guys,

Will soon be on the look out for seats for my new Haynes roadster build. Can you guys recommend some good ones, GRP or other etc?

Cheers!!!

Charlie C

posted on 20/7/17 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

I've fitted JK composite Sevens bolted to the floor and rear bulk head, the seat can be made with base mounts for use with runners. I have these with the padding and they are very comfortable and supportive.

Before JK seats I had a pair of Interrim Automotive Odyssey narrow these are very comfortable, the reason I changes these was firstly to reduce my sitting height and secondly I wanted a bit more sideways support through sharp corners.

Both seat are really well made and comfortable, originally i tried a cheap pair of GRP seat off ebay and they where poorly made and uncomfortable.

Charlie

JSArmstrong

posted on 21/7/17 at 04:42 AM Reply With Quote
Charlie, How comfortable are the JK seats compared to the Inatrim's? I have been considering the JK seats myself but without all the padding i wonder how comfortable they are on a long run?
Charlie C

posted on 21/7/17 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

The longest run I've done is about an hour on country side A and B roads, the JK seat (with padding) have been so comfortable I didn't even think about what I was sitting on. the JK seats are not a soft and the Inatrim's but they have more support and sit a lot lower.

I bolted the JK seats to the rear bulkhead using the JK supplied brackets, I changed the rear bulk from 1.2mm ali to 3mm ali sheet for more strength I also took the opportunity use structural rivets every 40mm which was inspired by the Procomp LA Gold to help stiffen the chassis.

Charlie

spitfun

posted on 14/10/17 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
The Corbeau seats fit well and seem to work pretty well in mine. Rich

[Edited on 14/10/17 by spitfun]

jps

posted on 15/10/17 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
I was worried about getting seats narrow enough for mine and got GRP seats from Road Track Race in Nottingham.They've only been trial fitted so far but seem very good. apparently they are the molds used for Lotus Elise seats...I think they were about 220 for the pair.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.