Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Tube sizes for suspension bushes.
phil

posted on 16/4/02 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Tube sizes for suspension bushes.

Hi guys,
Has everybody made their wishbones as the book because my local fabricator says it would be difficult to get 25mm O.D 21mm I.D with a constant internal measurement.What have you boys used and also what bushes?
CHEERS
PHIL........

Jon Ison

posted on 16/4/02 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
can't help much, made my own in both case's, but i think Robin Hood, (lolocost) along with others supply the tubes, bushes ect....
phil

posted on 16/4/02 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers jon, what size tube did you use for the bush holding part of the wishbones?
thanks, phil........

Dunc

posted on 16/4/02 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi chaps,

I initially turned some on a lathe from a solid 25mm rod. Took ages and wasn't too great a finish internally. I then chanced upon stainless steel seamless tube, about 6 lengths of 25mm and 6 lengths of 22mm, both with 2mm wall thickness. Turned off a couple and fitted some bushes. Perfect. So I now have stainless steel wishbones at the front.

Actually I priced seamless tube too and stainless is actually cheaper than mild. Probably because it's used a lot for plumbing etc.

Got the bushes from Quiller triumph, the ID was 9.7mm so I drilled them up to 10mm, drilled the brackets out to 10mm from the specified 8mm and fitted a 10mm hi tensile stainless steel bolt.

Quiller triumph actually tried to sell me the bushes seperately but I noticed a kit they did, I'll need to check my notes for the part number, worked out about half the price and included the bolts. Not using them though.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.