Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: chassis
bass

posted on 17/4/02 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
chassis

could any body tell the measurement from FU2 to FU1 ACROSS CHASSIS out side measurements. please
David Jenkins

posted on 18/4/02 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure what you mean...

...but I would only tack FU1 and 2 in place anyway, until the time comes to set up the suspension brackets and weld them.

I fully welded these pieces in place when I started to make my chassis - and had to cut them away and re-make them when I got to fixing on the suspension.

Or had you some other reason for asking?

jmbillings

posted on 18/4/02 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure exactly, but after speaking to MK he pointed something out, that we would have missed otherwise- the tops of them shouldnt line up exactly to the edge of the chassis sides, but be inboard a few mm, otherwise the castor angle gets buggered by the rear of the top wishbone moving out, thus the endpoint moving forwards... Hope I explained that OK!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bass

posted on 18/4/02 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
yes i know what you mean about the wishbone, but if you look at page 41[first book] there is a drawing 0fviews through chassis frame FU1, FU2, E. what would be the measurement between top rails J1, J2 ?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.