Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Revised +442 Drawings
jbmcsorley

posted on 7/5/02 at 03:42 AM Reply With Quote
Revised +442 Drawings

Greetings All,

I just finished revising the +442 chassis drawings to accomodate a book-width nosecone. Sometimes a wide rearend with a book nosecone results in a harsh angle between the nose and the sides (from a top view), but I was pleased to determine that they are off by only 1 degree in this design... practically unnoticable.

I suspect the front wishbones will need to be at least 2 inches longer than the book... but this is ultimetly determined by the width of the donor axle and front track width that you design.

While I'm pretty confident that everything is accurate... I did throw the changes together rather quickly. Let me know if you see any errors so I can fix them directly. And as always, please refer only to the website and don't redistribute the drawing files as they are prone to constant change.

Best Regards,
-Jim McSorley
http://www.mcsorley.net/locost/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon Mc

posted on 12/5/02 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
I know that you have probalbly been asked this before but do your +4 drawings accomodate a 'book' sized nose cone and scuttle. I know im being too lazy to check myself but have just been to the pub quiz (we won but it took way too long)
Simon Mc

posted on 13/5/02 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Scrub that last comment, i sobered up a bit and visited your website...
jbmcsorley

posted on 15/5/02 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Simon Mc,

Nope... the +4 chassis requires a +4 nosecone. I think there are some vendors providing such... Ken at mcc7.com has some I believe.

The +442 uses a book nosecone however... and I suppose a new version of the +4 could be made up to support a book nosecone. The taper of the whole front end would be pretty extreme however... around 16 degrees instead of the book's 10 degrees.

From photos that I've seen, a hard angle (~16) meeting the nosecone's book angle (10) makes for an strange combination. One option (done by a group of Oz'ies) is to cut-n-shut the nosecone with a new taper. Of course at that point you could just add 4" instead.

Cheers,
-Jim M.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.