Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Rear bulkhead "glovebox" and SVA security component
Blue Fox

posted on 7/6/08 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Rear bulkhead "glovebox" and SVA security component

Going to cut and fit my rear bulkhead in the next week or so and was thinking of putting a small "glove box" in there by cutting a small square out of the sheet, welding a box behind it and fitting a small lockable door on the front. This will be used for small items (such as mobile phone) I want to leave in car when parked. I was also thinking of putting a key switch in there to replace the normal steering column key which will turn on my electrics via a relay - the idea being this key will be in series with a switch on the dash to bring in the electrics on relay. What do people think? Any reasons not to do this and will this be ok as a security item for the SVA?
zetec7

posted on 7/6/08 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Well, I don't know about the SVA issues, but I think the locking box there is a smokin' idea. I'm going to have a look at my car and see if I can do it, too!

http://www.freewebs.com/zetec7/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gavin174

posted on 7/6/08 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
i think the sva says something about 2 anti theft devices, one being mechanical.that act the same time....
hence most people keep the steering lock for sva..

WanchaiWarrior

posted on 10/6/08 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
I think someone on here did actually put a glove box from a car behind his seat, although for the life of me I cant remember who it was, or when it was posted on here. Perhaps a search might find it.

WanchaiWarrior

posted on 10/6/08 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
here you go, found him, it was Humbug, check out his photo archive...........

Glove box in place & open
Glove box in place & open

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.